Options

Ask Me Anything feat. Kirk Simpson

2»

Comments

• Options
    KirkKirk Member Posts: 25 admin

@Briella83 said:
    What are the pros and cons of a co-founder or co-owner of the business?

There are really difficult moments in a small business’s journey, and it’s fantastic to have someone by your side understanding deeply what you’re going through, what you’re feeling and how important it is to you. To be able to have someone to talk to about those moments was really important.
    Also what was often helpful was when I was having a difficult moment, wave’s co-founder James Lochrie could talk me through them and shine a more positive light; and I think the reverse was true as well.
    The challenge is having to get consensus on difficult decisions and when there’s a disagreement to find your way through that doesn’t simply involve compromise.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@JJITPro @SurferMedina and anyone else who might have joined us for the event - we've got about 5 minutes. We'd love to hear from you if you have questions!

• Options

@Centanni said:
    And a follow-up: if one of your kids said they wanted to drop out of college and start a business, what would you say?

I’ve thought about that a lot, as my oldest is now into his teens, so it’s not that far in the future! I think I’d have no choice but to be supportive!

• Options

I appreciate everyone joining today. I’m incredibly grateful for your support of Wave and wish you all the best success as you grow your small businesses.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Thank you everyone for your participation! We really appreciate it. Please look forward to more events in the future. In the meantime, if there is anything you'd like to chat about, please do share! I'll be around and I'd love to chat with you.

This discussion has been closed.