Options

how to charge customer for CREDIT CARD PAYMENT FEE

babaluchababalucha Member Posts: 5

Hello Everyone,
First of all THANKS for stopping by and helping on this .I would like to know how to charge customer when they pay by credit card instead of paying from my own pocket.Because this way Wave is expensive ,it is costing me so much now.I moved from Desktop Quickbooks Version to Wave and now whenever i send invoice and customer pick option to pay me by credit card than i get DINGED every time customer pay me.It is a lot of money at the end of the day.
Again my Question is that CAN I DOCK THE CUSTOMER FOR THOSE CHARGES OR NO ?

Comments

• Options
    _Derek__Derek_ Member Posts: 62 ✭✭

Agreed. This would be a nice feature. I know there are some challenges to the different rules by state. Some can't charge, some you add the fee, and some allow for cash discounts. But these are rules, easily updated, managed, and displayed based on the location or order address.

• Options

i hope WAVE tech support can help on this .

• Options
    skeggsjpskeggsjp Member Posts: 3

I have simply created a product called "Convenience Fee". I've created a quick calculator where I can enter the net amount I want to receive from the customer, ie, $1,000 and the calculator then tells me the total that I should charge to cover the Wave Payment Fees. I plug that number into the line item for the convenience fee and then I'm covered. I always state on the invoice, in the convenience fee line item that clients are welcome to pay by check, and if they do, to be sure to deduct the convenience fee from the total invoice amount.

I've been doing it like that for as long as I've used Wave Payments and no client has ever pushed back on it.

That having been said, it would be nice if Wave would bake in the ability to check a box somewhere in our payment settings so that a convenience fee would automatically be added anytime an invoice is eligible for payment by Credit Card.

• Options
    Anson578Anson578 Member Posts: 9

I have asked this same thing to several wave reps and discussions and nothing but crickets.
    I add a line item on the invoice called processing fees but something still comes out of pocket.
    IE $100 invoice = processing fees 103.50.
    However, wave then takes the 2.9 + .60 from the $103.50 instead of the $100. so there still change taken from my pockets.
    Babalucha, How did it work with quickbooks?

• Options
    Hello Everyone
    I honestly never tried this with Quickbooks. But i want to mention here that i did gave a call to Quickbooks after i got dinged with this fees a couple of times, and Quickbooks said they would charge me for the transaction, so no difference.
    Now that being said i think i m going to follow what SKEGGSGP said in the comment.