Options

CSV Upload Missing Column of Data

Jack_TJack_T Member Posts: 2

I uploaded an August CSV monthly statement by selecting Date, Deposits, and Description into my CASH ON HAND account. The final step requires you "Confirm Import;" during this final step, the additional column "Outflows" is highlighted. Upon Confirming, the files is uploaded to Wave and both the "Outflows" Inflows" columns are imported.

Subsequent, to uploading the August Statement, I tried to upload Sept-Dec statements as one file. Prior to "Confirming," only the Deposit column is highlight and not the Outflow column. When the csv is uploaded, all the transactions import correctly, however all the "Outflow" cell values for the withdrawal type transactions are imported as zero in the respective Amount cells.

The above 2-step process was successfully used to import data for two checking accounts, a savings account, and a credit card account . I have tried every option I am aware to correct this missing "outflow" data issue and have not been able to resolve the missing info. Any suggestions to remedy this import issue is greatly appreciated.

Jack

Comments

• Options
    Jack_TJack_T Member Posts: 2

Finally found out the root cause leading to the correct importing of the multiple-month csv file . . . there was a recorded transaction in the month of Oct that had neither a withdrawal or deposit. When this transaction was deleted, the issue was resolved.

edited April 26, 2022