Options

Corporate Tax Return for very small Ltd company

Philip OsbornePhilip Osborne Member Posts: 2

I am in mysecondyear of running a Ltd company and am just tying up the loose ends from the first year. I have kept all my book-keeping up-to-date, and I've been able to submit VAT returns successfully. I have also submitted a corporate tax return to HMRC but it didn't cross-post correctly to Companies House so I need to send an amendment.

Before I do that, I just want to make sure that I have accounted correctly for the Dividend that I paid myself in August. I am pretty comfortable with everything else after many years of doing my own books as a sole-trader. I just want to make sure I'm following the correct procedure for Dividends and then I'll probably be alright after that.

The book-keeping generally is very simple - I am a reseller with onlyonemajor supplier, I'm VAT-registered because the sales system provided by my supplier includes VAT automatically in the prices charged to customers, but my turnover at the moment is far below the threshold. Every sale to a customer has a corresponding purchase from the supplier, there are one or two other minor expenses for advertising and staff refreshments but that's pretty much it, they're probably the simplest books you'll ever work on!

Comments