Options

Importing bank transactions

AJNiteOwlAJNiteOwl Member Posts: 4

I am sure it has been asked before but can anyone quickly advise whether it is better to import transactions in OFX format or use the Google sheets Wave Connect?

Comments

• Options

Actually the problem is that my bank only supports .csv and .qif so I'll have to try Wave Connect. The problem with .csv is there is not enough detail in the "Other Party" field and it needs both the "Particulars" and "Analysis Code" to be really meaningful, otherwise you have to cross check to the source file continually which is a pain because when the payments have been made they are coded then......

• Options

Sorted - used Excel (or works with Google Sheets) to merge csv columns into the "Description" column using:

(Other Party)&" "&(Reference)&(Analysis Code) which merged the cells referenced by ( ) into the cells in a separate column,
    then copying and using Paste Special - Values only into the "Description" destination column.

Now at least I can see what my original coding was (Analysis Code) at the time I posted the transaction.

Hope this is some help to others.

AJNO