Options

Deleted Transactions Showing up Again One Year Later

redtopperredtopper Member Posts: 16

In the past 2-3 months bank transactions from a year ago, that I deleted, are now showing up as new transactions with a current date. It is happening in both my bank and Paypal transactions that are automatically imported.

For example: I move money from my Paypal account to my Bank Account. On 04/15/2017 I transferred $125.99 from Paybal to Bank. In Wave I deleted this transaction. Now one year later it is showing up as a new transfer with this year as the current date, 04/15/2018.

It is not only happening between Paypal and Bank. Bank transactions that I deleted are showing up one year later with a new date.

This is not an isolated incident, it has happened 9-10 times and makes it difficult to accurately keep the books.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @redtopper.

We're aware of this issue with the Paypal integration that's affecting some Wavers and are looking into it. I can't give a timeline as to when it'll be resolved, however.

My recommendation for now is to upload your PayPal transactions using a .csv upload. I understand it isn't ideal or convenient, but given this issue, this approach will cause fewer headaches in the long run. Your first step will be to download your PayPal history here and then format the .csv file so that it fits the format below:

01/01/2015, Description 1, -250
    01/02/2015, Description 2, 550.50
    01/02/2015, Description 3, -120.75

Uploading that file should allow you to get all of your PayPal transactions recorded in Wave.

Let us know if you run into any issues!

• Options

Alexia - This issue where Wave imports deleted transactions is also happening with Bank Accounts, not only Paypal.

• Options

This wouldn't be so bad if it imported them with the correct date, but it is importing them with the current year, not the year the transaction actually happened.

• Options

Hi, @Redtopper.

And those old transactions, where are you seeing them? Are they appearing on your Transactions page? I know there's an issue with deleted transactions appearing on one of the documents from the Global Export feature, if that's the case, your actual numbers are still going to be accurate.

• Options

Yes, they are appearing on the Transactions page. Thank you.

• Options

One more question, @redtopper.

The PayPal account you mentioned, is that an account set up through our Paypal integration, or the bank account called "TCF PayPal Checking"?

• Options

It was through Paypal integration. I deleted the integration within the past two days.

• Options

Hi, @redtopper.

I just followed up with you through a private message. Answer me there when you have the chance.

• Options

Thank you. Questions answered in chat.