Unable to upload .csv statement... even after troubleshooting!

JesterBellsJesterBells Member Posts: 5

Hi there
I've been struggling to upload a bank statement to my personal account. I've managed to connect my bank account but it will only upload the last 6 months however I need to go back the full financial year (1 April 2017).

This is the error message I receive:

I have downloaded the suggested template from WAVE, ensured the correct headings and that there are no characters or blank spaces, even created in Google Sheets and resaved as a .csv with no luck.

Am I missing anything else?
thanks in advance
Jess

Comments

• JenHopfJenHopf Member Posts: 18

Can you show up a couple of lines from the statement? Maybe we can help.

Could just be an issue with your browser, too. Did you try clearing your browser's cache?

• JesterBellsJesterBells Member Posts: 5

Hi Jen, I cleared my browser cache and restarted my computer as well (sometimes this helps with all things IT!) with no luck.

I am on a Mac and using Excel for iOS. I've used the Wave template for my statement after downloading the CSV file from my bank and copied the data over.
    Here is an example:

@Alexia are you able to offer any assistance with my issue please?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @JesterBells.

More than happy to see what I can do! Have you tried uploading your CSV file to Google Sheets, and redownloading it from there? You might have a few special characters hidden in your document that are stopping the bank statement from uploading. Google Sheets clears those automatically. It might help :)

Can you try that out and let me know if your CSV goes through?

Thanks @Alexia
    Yes I tried uploading to Google Sheets and redownloaded, I also did again just now as requested but still no luck uploading the saved .csv file to WAVE.

Can you send me a copy of that file through a personal message, @JesterBells? It'll allow me to try it out myself and see if I can't find the issue.

Hi, @JesterBells.

I took a look at the statement you sent me, and after removing all of the empty rows, it uploaded just fine. Can you try doing the same on your end?

Hi @Alexia
    Thanks for looking at this for me.
    I'm not sure what rows you are referring to as I cannot see any empty rows. ?? I've copy and pasted into a new sheet in case there were rows beneath but it still didn't work.
    :s

Hi, @JesterBells.

I sent you a copy of the file that worked for me earlier this morning. Can you try this one and let me know if that helps? I could only see those empty rows on Google Sheets, and clearing them seems to have worked.