How Do I restore a deleted account from chart of accounts?

bhartmaierbhartmaier Member Posts: 1

How Do I restore a deleted account from chart of accounts?
I see the account in the reports but can't find a way to restore it to the chart of accounts.

Thanks

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

H, @bhartmaier.

I answered the same question from a different user here. It isn't reversible, but your transactions won't be lost.

The good news is that when your account is migrated over to the new version of Wave, this account will be marked as Archived rather than deleted.

• 307Silverscapes307Silverscapes Member Posts: 1

If it is the bank account how do you get a good balance sheet or reconcile accounts?

Hi, @307Silverscapes and @bhartmaier.

I did some more digging and I did find a way to restore accounts deleted in the older version of Wave. On the Chart of Accounts, click Add an Account. Search the folders there to find the account group where your deleted account used to belong. Once you find the right folder, you should see a "Previously Deleted" section. Find your deleted account there and you'll be able to restore it.

• KenjKenj Member Posts: 27

Will be good if Wave allows us to remove accounts which we created trial error and have no linked transactions. Better still, WAVE having a demo acount which we can play around with the functionality and using the apps.

edited June 6, 2018

Hi, @Kenj.

While this isn't something that exists by default, you can create a second business in Wave and use that as a test account. As for deleting accounts, the issue brought up in this thread is a great example of why we don't allow it in the new version of Wave.

Recently, there have been other discussions in the Community on how to better handle it and to allow for a cleaner Chart of Accounts. You might want to check these out.