Options

Deleting incorrectly integrated bank accounts

Autorent Co.,Ltd.Autorent Co.,Ltd. Member Posts: 3

The wave system has incorrectly integrated some bank accounts that are not related to this business. I wash to delete these accounts but there seems to be no way to do so.

Tagged:
edited August 30, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    Finn_KingslandFinn_Kingsland Member Posts: 19

You can delete non-system accounts on the chart of accounts page.

transactions have to be deleted as a separate step, but you can do it in bulk.

• Options
    Autorent Co.,Ltd.Autorent Co.,Ltd. Member Posts: 3

Thank you Finn.

The new Wave accounting system does not allow you to delete bank accounts,within the past few days the ability to delete bulk transactions has been added.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi all! Just an update to let you know that bulk delete is now possible on the upgraded accounting platform. :)

• Options
    Bignamba90Bignamba90 Member Posts: 2

I am trying to delete my personal bank account that was accidentally connected to my business, how do I go about it? Please help

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bignamba90,

You're going to have to start by making sure the connection isn't still on, on the Bank Connections page.

Once that's done, you'll have to go into your Transactions page and delete the transactions that need to be removed. You can filter your transactions by account by clicking the "All Accounts" box on the top-left of that page.

Once you've done that, go find the account in your Chart of Accounts, click on the pencil icon next to it and check the box to archive the account.

Wave doesn't allow you to permanently delete accounts, but having it archived will mean that it won't show up anywhere except your Chart of Accounts page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Options
    dpkonofadpkonofa Member Posts: 2

Wait, what? Wave won't allow you to delete a bank account? Why not? I did the same as another user and added a checking account thinking that I was just adding a deposit account. I don't want it showing up in Wave and I don't want it connected to my business at all. How do I get rid of it?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @dpkonofa . If you've just joined Wave, you may not yet have the functionality to remove the bank account in the platform. If you'd like, feel free to send me a direct message and we can can confirm this, while taking a further look to see what your other options are.

• Options
    B888B888 Member Posts: 1

Hi @alexlewiszarkos, I want to do the same and have direct messaged you to help me do this.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @B888 ! The team just released the ability to delete these bank connections from your Connected Accounts page. Feel free to take a look and get back to us if you're still having troubles with it!

• Options
    406Spices406Spices Member Posts: 1

Help! I also need to delete a personal bank account that I had added in error. There is no option for me to do this on the Connected Bank Accounts page.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @406Spices

If the personal bank account is a separate bank connection then it should show up with a trash icon beside the connection

However if there is only the option to turn it off, then that should be all you need to do. A personal bank account that appears in a bank connection means that all of your accounts appear under the same connection.

Hopefully this helps! Reach out if you have other questions.

• Options
    jowaljowal Member Posts: 3

@BarsinA said:
    Hey there @406Spices

If the personal bank account is a separate bank connection then it should show up with a trash icon beside the connection

However if there is only the option to turn it off, then that should be all you need to do. A personal bank account that appears in a bank connection means that all of your accounts appear under the same connection.

Hopefully this helps! Reach out if you have other questions.

Hi.

This doesn't solve the issue of a bank account that needs to be deleted. Clicking the trash icon will delete the entire bank connection and data. The other users and I wish to delete the one, single mistakenly connected account, not all the accounts associated to that bank.

I mistakenly synced business 1's checking account into business 2, and now I can't be rid of it.
    Simply archiving is not a solution as the account is still there.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @jowal! When a bank is connected, every account associated with that bank that the connection reads will be pulled into Wave's Banking page. You will not be able to delete that account from the list. Instead, you will need to toggle that connection off from this screen. When you archive an account from your chart of accounts, it prevents it from further use - it does not remove all of the data associated with that account. If you'd like to see that archived bank removed from your chart of accounts, then after archiving, you would need to delete every transaction within the account, from your Transactions page.