Unable to reconcile payments to invoices from USD account (in US)

pavpav Member Posts: 3

Hi,

There is an option that comes up on every deposit within my Canadian accounts to apply it to an invoice. This option does not come up on my USD (in US) account which receives payments from american clients.

To get around this issue, I am able to allocate these payments to AR, but now I can't figure out how to allocate individual invoices to AR and marked them as paid.

Can you please shed some light on how to approach this? Situation?

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @pav.

The issue here is that you can't assign a payment to an invoice if the payment and the invoice use different currencies. I answered a similar question here. That might help out.

• pavpav Member Posts: 3

@Alexia,

I issue some invoices in USD and I get paid for them in USD to my USD account. I don't understand how this solution makes sense? It's simple invoice to payment matching.

This is something I've beed doing in Xero for years, so I assume you have a similar function, I'm just not finding it.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @pav.

I apologize for misunderstanding the issue. Could you give me a screenshot of what's happening? Are your invoices simply not showing up when you choose the "Payment for an invoice" category for a given transaction? All unpaid invoices matching the currency of that transaction should appear.

• pavpav Member Posts: 3

@Alexia

This is one of the payments I marked as Accounts Receivable because the option to pick from Invoices issued using Wave doesn't even come up.