Invoice still showing overdue - should be absorbed by credit balance

MorneMorne Member Posts: 2

I made a mistake with an invoice by making it paid by its full amount.
The client had a credit balance to pay this with, so didn't do payment.
I removed the transaction and their statement is showing correctly.
However the particular invoice is showing unpaid (overdue) even if it was shows correctly on on their statement that the amount came off their credit balance.

How do I make this invoice paid without influencing their credit balance which is all correct now?
(I am not an accountant so apologies if its a stupid question :D)

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Morne.

It'll be a bit of work, and you'll have to go back to your overpaid invoice to make sense of it all, but you can find the instructions on handling overpayment and customer credit here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• MorneMorne Member Posts: 2

Hi Alexia,

Thank you for the references - I applied the 'Deposit Holding Account' method which is a bit of extra work but does the job.

The only down side to all this fancy foot work is that the client deposit given does not reflect nicely when it was received and how it was used throughout time by the invoice/s in the Customer's statement report.

These reports are useful as you know and in this case cant be sent directly to the client.
    I enjoy your software and see the above as my small contribution :#

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Morne. Thanks for your feedback! I can see how it can tedious to not be able to easily see those amounts in your Customer Statement.