Adding transactions is so slow

GaryNiemenGaryNiemen Member Posts: 8

I am finding adding transactions (expenses or incomes) to be so slow. I am constantly waiting for the application to catch up with my typing or searching. This happens on all fields when adding transactions. What are the common reasons for this? Is there anything I can do? I am based in Sweden, Europe. It is very frustrating - I like to work fast and cannot because Wave's response time is too slow. I really like Wave in all other respects. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @GaryNiemen.

We haven't had reports of issues with speed recently, but there could be a few things you could do to speed Wave up on your end.

My first suggestion would be to clear your browser's cache regularly. Your browser gathers temporary files as you go around the internet, and these can slow processes down or ever interrupt some features in Wave, on occasion. If you aren't using Firefox or Chrome, I would recommend switching to one of these two. They tend to be faster and more stable than the competition.

Keeping the number of extensions you use to a minimum might also help, so can keeping the number of tabs you have opened at the same time. If you have any other bandwidth-intensive programs running (music streaming, for example), closing them might help.

The only other way I can think of would be to increase the speed of your internet service. Do you know what speeds you get right now? I hear average broadband speeds in Sweden are pretty good, so I doubt that would be necessary.

With all of that said, we are always working on improving the speed of Wave. Thank you for your feedback here!