Multiple Vendor bills paid with one check

evalouevalou Member Posts: 1

I enter vendor bills separately and then hand write a check for multiple bills. I cannot find a way to record the check. I tried to use the split transaction feature, but got an error message. Is it possible to record multiple bill payments with one check?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @evalou.

Are you trying to split a transaction that you created or one that was imported from a bank connection?

• SeadanceRentalSeadanceRental Member Posts: 5

Hi Alexia,
    I am also trying to figure out how to apply one check payment to multiple bills for one vendor.
    I currently have written the check and was going to record it as Account = Expense Payment in Transit, Category = Payment sent for a Bill in Wave and then after selecting that category, the list of bills is displayed. But I don't see a way to multi select numerous bills for one vendor and then record the payment to them either.

Is there a way to do this in wave without having to open each bill and record the same payment on each one?

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @SeadanceRental,

You'll have to split them first. On the transaction, click on "Split this transaction" and divide it into as many parts as you require. Then, categorize each part as a "Payment sent for a Bill in Wave", and to the appropriate bill.