Unable to export in pdf

msawyersmsawyers Member Posts: 5

I am only able to export my financials in csv, when i try to export in pdf nothing happnes.
Please help

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @msawyers.

Are you trying to download a specific report, or using the global export function?

• JMGJMG Member Posts: 5

Same problem here. I am viewing a short report of Account Transactions. Clicking Export in upper right corner then CSV, a correct CSV file downloads. Clicking Export in upper right corner then PDF, nothing happens. No file is downloaded or exported. If it is being exported, where is it being saved?

Hi, @JMG.

That would be set up in your browser settings, not on Wave. If it isn't opening at all, could you try clearing your browser's cache? It sometimes helps with issues like this one.

Hi @Alexia,

I'm not sure about this. I very often export/download PDF files from other web sites, and they always download correctly. I did clear the browser cache ("Cached images and files" in Chrome Settings Privacy and security.) That made no difference. Export to CSV always works, but export to PDF fails quietly.

• msawyersmsawyers Member Posts: 5

I cleared cache multiple times. I download PDF on other websites. I even download PDF on a friend's wave Account. Mine is just not working. Specific to profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow and those reports.

Hi @JMG and @msawyers.

Can you try removing your business' logo? You can do this from the Invoice Customization page, in your settings. Some logos can cause issues with PDF reports. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks a lot. That fixed it. I remove the logo then add it again. Works great now

Hi @Alexia,

I removed my logo file and the reports exported as PDF. However, uploading my logo file again caused the reports to fail again. My logo file was a GIF. I converted the logo graphic to a JPG and uploaded. The PDF exports now work and have the logo graphic. I would never have figured that out without your help. Thank you.

Happy to hear it from you both, @msawyers and @JMG.

I can't take the credit for this one, I reached out to a few colleagues for help and they mentioned something about certain image formats causing issues like this one. It was a team effort :)

Awesome stuff

• Joe_DJoe_D Member Posts: 4

Anyone else having this issue lately with exporting PDF's? While trying to email an invoice or export the invoice PDF I'm getting an error saying it cannot render the PDF.

Unfortunately I don't have a logo to remove and possibly fix the issue.

Running the web app, on a Mac, using Firefox.

Any insights? Thanks!

edited March 1, 2019
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Joe_D . I'm wondering if some browser troubleshooting might fix this. Can you try accessing this through a private window in Firefox, and if that doesn't work, can you try clearing your cache & cookies? If none of this works, please provide a screenshot of the error message you're receiving so we can take a further look.

• Joe_DJoe_D Member Posts: 4

Thanks for the input, but...no luck. I tried a private window as well as clearing the cache.

So, here is a screen shot of the error...not much to look at though.

FYI...I get the same error in Safari and Chrome.

edited March 7, 2019