Account balance does not update after deleting transactions

NiiNii Member Posts: 4

Hello,

I deleted some deposit transactions but my account balance did not reduce. i entered those transactions again and it increased the account balance. deleted again and the figure stayed the same :s
When I calculate all the transactions i have entered so far, the figure is different from what wave is showing.
The general ledger in the reports however has the right figure.

Comments

• chj915chj915 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

I don't assume I know everything, but have you made Bank Connection in WAVE or are you adding/deleting transactions manually?
    Have you "Verify"-ed the transactions? If it is unverified, it may not be taken into count.

• NiiNii Member Posts: 4

There is no bank connection. I think it's a glitch actually.. All the reports show the right figure except for the "wave balance". I did a reconciliation and it indicates the difference, but when i click on reconcile, the statements shows the right figure so there is nothing to reconcile.

Now all inputs are working perfectly, except for that "ghost" $68 that has been added to only the "wave balance" even though that transaction is NOT in the accounts.

edited June 5, 2018
  • NiiNii Member Posts: 4

I just deleted ALL transactions and that $68 is still showing in the "wave balance".. :/ I give up!!

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Nii.

I followed up on your first thread. Refreshing the page should fix the issue. If it doesn't, try doing a hard-refresh instead (that's CTRL+Shift+R).

We're working on resolving this issue as fast as we can, but until then, refreshing the page manually should fix your account balance.

• ottootto Member Posts: 2

I'm having this same issue. There's a 6,000 withdrawal that is only showing up in my reports. Did this ever get fixed for you Nii?

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @otto thank you for following up with us. Could you confirm: you have a transaction that appears only in your reports and is not linked to an entry on your Transactions page? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

• j_childersj_childers Member Posts: 1

I have what sounds like a similar issue, in that the balance shown by Wave under reconciliation doesn't match what (I think) it ought to. This is a brand new account, with no transactions from a prior month. I've marked all the cleared items on my statement as 'verified', and entered the correct ending balance in the reconciliation page.

However, the balance shown by Wave is including two transactions from that month which are not marked verified. Shouldn't the balance exclude unverified transactions? That's the point of reconciling, after all.

Am I misunderstanding how the process should work?

• ottootto Member Posts: 2

@Charlotte said:
    Hi @otto thank you for following up with us. Could you confirm: you have a transaction that appears only in your reports and is not linked to an entry on your Transactions page? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

Hi Charlotte,
    It looks like the bug has been resolved. I can't find the transaction anywhere.