Report of Expense transactions by category?

Valerie_ACleverCatValerie_ACleverCat Member Posts: 9

Hi all,

I put in a ticket with this question, but have not gotten a reply. Perhaps someone here can tell me.

I would like to run a report of my expenses by category so I can see where I'm spending too much. I can't figure out a way to do this. I think I've tried every possible report, and data export, but none of them give the category information - just the transaction description, amount, and date.

Surely I can't be the only person who needs this information? Is there some way to do this that I'm just not seeing?

Comments

• Finn_KingslandFinn_Kingsland Member Posts: 19

@Valerie_ACleverCat, smart move! I... should probably do that...

You could just check out your Account Transactions report for individual expense accounts. That should give the info you need.

• Valerie_ACleverCatValerie_ACleverCat Member Posts: 9

Thanks @Finn_Kingsland. I was hoping to not have to do it quite so manually, but it looks like that may be the only option!

• kednellykednelly Member Posts: 7

@Valerie_ACleverCat
    i 'think' i am trying to do the same thing however i have a few different people submitting expenses which i have segregated into a Liability-Credit Card account for each user. I would like to see the balance for each user (ie for Each Liability Account) by Expense Category before i pay them. Any ideas?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @kednelly

Would this information be available in your account transactions report if you select that liability? It will give you both the debits and credits, so it might require some manual calculations. Let me know if this works. Also any additional context on what you're hoping to see and how it would benefit this type of transaction for your business would be really great.