Tracking Donors and Contributions

BobBob Member Posts: 3

Hi, I am new to Wave and am using it for my small non-profit service organization. All of our income is through private individuals and other organizations. Is there a way that I can track donations by donor and develop quarterly and year-end contribution statements for each donor. Thanks!

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Bob!

Welcome to Wave! I hope you like what you've experienced thus far!

You could treat your donors as customers (as far as Wave is concerned) and attach them to the appropriate income transaction. You can do this from the Transactions page. Click on a transaction, and find "Add Customer" on the edit panel, on the right.

You can then pull up the Income by Customer report, on the Reports page, and you'll have all the information you need.

• BobBob Member Posts: 3

Thank you Alexia. Your suggestion seems simple enough and is kind of what I was thinking too. Thank you for confirming this. I used QB for quite a number of years until my version was no longer supported :/ and I was told I had to purchase a new version. In terms of using Wave, I really like the way it is set up and it actually seems much easier to navigate. Thanks for all your help!

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying what we have to offer!

If you're ever looking for a solid guide on best practices for Wave, check out Fearless accounting here. It's a great resource that might help you get started on the right foot.

• BobBob Member Posts: 3

I will check it out. I also just tried your suggestion...works like a champ! Thanks again.

Happy to hear it, @Bob!