Sequential Transaction ID

AbdoAbdo Member Posts: 1

Hello,

Is there a way for all my transactions to have a sequential transaction id (or sequential JV number)

Please advise

Thank you

Regards

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Abdo.

It's not currently possible to automate this in Wave. We do it for invoices, estimates and bills, but not transactions. Can you tell me why you would need sequential numbers on your transactions? Is it a requirement for your business?

• bennarteybennartey Member Posts: 2

I need sequential numbers on my transactions because I normally use them to find the supporting documents to which the transaction relates. The same number is on normally on the supporting document and this makes it easy to track them.
    I do not prefer to use the receipts service because it takes longer to scan the documents to cloud.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @bennartey , I'm a little bit confused. You're saying you want your transactions ordered in sequential order raising from oldest to newest? If that's the case you can add these numbers to the beginning of the transaction description as an indicator of what it refers to.

• Bennartey_1Bennartey_1 Member Posts: 2
    Actually this is what I have resorted to but I was hoping you could add another column for that. This will make the descriptions stand nicely without any codes by them.
    Thanks anyways.