Options

Convert Estimate to Invoice

ahmedahmed Member Posts: 3

Dear Support

I am able to convert Estimate to Invoice.

But then i see the Estimate still showing in my list of Estimate.

Is there a way like once an Estimate is converted into Invoices, then that Estimate not to show again in the Estimate list ?

Zibran

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @ahmed!

You can't archive them automatically, no. However, there is a filter button on the top of the page, and you can filter your estimates by status. This should make it much easier to find the estimate you're looking for.

• Options
    burritoburrito Member Posts: 5

Hey Alexia / #TeamWave -- LOVE YOUR SERVICE/PRODUCT AND USE IT DAILY!! The ability to easily choose b/t "convert and archive" or just "convert" would be a natural option for your users. i.e., Click "convert" and then a pop-up suggests the option to choose one. Leaving the original Estimate behind makes sense... but is not a natural next step for the business user to be required to go back and delete/archive the estimate once he/she has chosen to "convert" the Estimate. And if there are email reminders auto-sent to our clients if/when we don't delete/archive those past Estimates out in the wild that the Estimate is expired/expiring soon/no longer valid (especially if they have already paid the Estimate's related Invoice), this will surely cause confusion and frustration for your users. Thanks for the consideration! Keep rockin' it!

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi @burrito (great name btw),

I definitely agree - that is a fantastic suggestion and I will pass it on to our Product Team. I know they are currently looking at updating and improving invoicing/estimates at the moment, so this feedback is extra appreciated. And glad to hear you like our service thus far!

• Options
    Starik70Starik70 Member Posts: 8

@Samd, this is a pet peeve of mine as well so any update to automatically archiving Estimates when converting them to Invoices? Thanks,
    Tarik

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Starik70, there is no immediate plans to automatically delete/archive estimates as soon as they are converted to invoices. I can pass this suggestion onto our product team but what would be really great to know is how this feature would be a game changer for you? Would you save a lot of time by not having to manually delete/archive the estimate after it is converted? Our Product Team is always looking for ways to make Wave better! :smile:

• Options
    burritoburrito Member Posts: 5

The option to "convert and archive" would be an ideal button/option. An "archive" button with the ability to review at a later time the archived estimates is truly needed! Thanks WAVE!

• Options
    Starik70Starik70 Member Posts: 8

@Zoe_caff1 said:
    Hey @Starik70, there is no immediate plans to automatically delete/archive estimates as soon as they are converted to invoices. I can pass this suggestion onto our product team but what would be really great to know is how this feature would be a game changer for you? Would you save a lot of time by not having to manually delete/archive the estimate after it is converted? Our Product Team is always looking for ways to make Wave better! :smile:

Hi @Zoe_caff1 ,

Besides having a cluttered page with expired Estimates that I need to clear manually, the main issue I have is to calculate the wins (how many estimates were converted to a sale). With a long and cluttered list of Estimates it becomes confusing to figure out our success rate. If this is not possible, at the very least flag the Converted Estimates as such and not Expired. Thanks,
    Tarik

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @Starik70, thanks for taking the time to get back to me with that! That makes a lot of sense, and I agree that a long list of estimates can get confusing, especially when it's not clear which ones have been converted to invoices and which ones haven't. I will definitely pass your feedback and suggestions along, knowing exactly how different features would benefit you and the running of your business is extremely beneficial in the planning of future updates! :smile:

• Options
    aschafer14aschafer14 Member Posts: 1

This is a big one for me to make sure I have followed up on my estimates and converted them to invoices. If you convert to invoice it should be automatically tagged as invoiced but there also need to be a few options to be able to quickly filter and manage estimates. Multi selection to assign these tags would be even better.

• Invoiced
    • Approved
    • Declined
    • Follow Up
    • Sent
    • Draft