Editing Subtotals In Wave Transactions (REPOST)

littlekiddlelittlekiddle Member Posts: 5

Hello! I have posted an extremely similar question, but I believe it was posted in the wrong category. As a relatively new user, I am very relieved that I can edit information from a receipt under the Transactions section. However, I would like to change my subtotals and taxes separately in order to take any shipping or service fees into account (things that may not be subject to certain taxes). I know that there was such a method with receipts, but I cannot see any way to do this with transactions. Is there a way to view and edit subtotals and taxes in Transactions? Thank you.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @littlekiddle.

You wouldn't be able to do it from the transactions screen, as the amounts there are always after-tax totals. You have two options. Either make them separate transactions or enter those transactions as a bill instead.

Taxes on bills are applied on individual line items, so you could use them to easily handle transactions like in your example.

• littlekiddlelittlekiddle Member Posts: 5

Thank you for your response, @Alexia! Since transactions don't seem to be a good option for me, is there any other methods to take subtotal and tax information from a verified receipt and change it? I'm afraid I'm still making my way through the learning curve.

edited June 13, 2018
  • AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @littlekiddle.

My recommendation here is to delete both the transaction created by the receipt, as well as the receipt itself, and just re-upload it with the right numbers. Since the tax on receipts is entered manually, you can account for taxes not being applied to every item there but just putting in the total sales taxes you paid.

• littlekiddlelittlekiddle Member Posts: 5

That should do the trick! Thank you again @Alexia!