Options

citibank credit card - connect your bank account issue

helpmepleasehelpmeplease Member Posts: 2

Hi, I am trying out Wave for the first time. I connected my Chase Bank and my Capital One credit card. But when I try and add a Citi credit card, i get the error "there is a technical issue between Wave and your bank".

Not sure if this is why, but Wave is trying to connect to:
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi.action

And that is not the proper login page for Citi Credit Card. It should be:
https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do?siteId=CB

Any suggestions on how to add a Citi Credit Card to Wave?

Tagged:
edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @helpmeplease.

Are you able to log into that second link?

It's possible that a change on Citi's website caused the connection to fail. If that's the case, there's little we can do ourselves. We use a third-party data provider for our bank connection system, which means we don't have direct control over bank connection issues ourselves. We do, however, report connections problems to our data provider, who will be resolving issues like this one according to their priority order. You can read more about this here.

• Options
    helpmepleasehelpmeplease Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the article Alexia.

The 2nd link I sent is the one I use to log into my Citibank credit card, and I'm able to log in.

I was planning on switching from Freshbooks to Wave. I'm using the trial, but if I can't get this to work, I won't be able to make the switch. I don't want to have to upload my statements every month.

I tried to log in w/ other Citibank credit cards, and it looks like there is a problem logging in with all Citibank cards.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @helpmeplease.

I apologize, I meant to ask if you could log in on the first page.

I took another look at your account, and I'm seeing a Citi credit card that successfully connected as of today. Did it manage to get through? Can you go on your bank connection page and click on "Update Now"?

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @helpmeplease following up to check on this - please let us know if you need further assistance.

• Options
    austinandersenaustinandersen Member Posts: 6

I am having same issue. Chat has been unable to help.

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @austinandersen. After reviewing that chat you've had with our support team, I can see that we've escalated this up to our Application Support/Central Banking team to further investigate what could be going on here. Once we have a resolution for you, we will reach out via that specific support ticket email that was created. Thanks for your patience and understanding here -- we will be in touch.

• Options
    MicahMicah Member Posts: 6

I have the Citi AAdvantage credit card that I can't connect to either.

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@Micah Sorry to hear that you weren't able to successfully connect your Citi Aadvantage credit card. While it may be that the connection is just down between our data aggregator and Citi Aadvantage, it's possible we can troubleshoot the issue with the more details. Can you direct message me with more information? Which browser are you using? Are you getting any error messages when you try and create the connection? Check out our Troubleshooting Bank Connection article in case the error message is similar to anything you see here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087843-How-do-I-troubleshoot-my-bank-connection-

edited June 24, 2019
  • Options
    austinandersenaustinandersen Member Posts: 6

@ckeen_1244 said:
    @Micah Sorry to hear that you weren't able to successfully connect your Citi Aadvantage credit card. While it may be that the connection is just down between our data aggregator and Citi Aadvantage, it's possible we can troubleshoot the issue with the more details. Can you direct message me with more information? Which browser are you using? Are you getting any error messages when you try and create the connection? Check out our Troubleshooting Bank Connection article in case the error message is similar to anything you see here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087843-How-do-I-troubleshoot-my-bank-connection-

Ive done all the above and still doesnt work. Nor have I heard back from support on the issue I presented earlier.

• Options
    SoledancerSoledancer Member Posts: 2

I see others have had connections with Citi credit cards above since 2018: I am new and tried today and cant connect. Essentially the same error "there is a technical issue between Wave and your bank" as reported by user back in 2018, but it must have been resolved in the past 2 yrs ?? Any suggests please ?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Soledancer , I'd suggest submitting a Support ticket to our team where they can take a deeper look at your connection to see what's going on with it.