Options

Checkouts Feature Request: Change Quantity

ChainsawChainsaw Member Posts: 2

Hello all,
I'm trying to drive more of my payments directly in to wave rather than PayPal and I've recently started experimenting with Wave Checkouts. Visitors to my website today can select from a limited number of quantity options in a drop down field with PayPal. I would prefer to allow my customers to just select their desired quantity.

As a workaround, I can create multiple checkout URLs in Wave, and use javascript to rewrite the checkout button's URL based on a form entry, but that is overly complex, limits the quantity to pages I create, and ultimately shouldn't be necessary.

How difficult would it be to allow business owners to define sane quantity limits on Wave Checkouts URLs, and allow the customer to decide how many they order? It seems like this would be a very simple API call that wouldn't need an API token, or it could be handled on the Wave Checkouts page itself abstracting the API entirely.

We love Wave so far but having to reach out to PayPal customers and ask them to convert to Wave Payments is a huge pain.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Chainsaw.

Can you tell me a bit more about your business and the kinds of products or services you offer? Having more specific context about your business always helps.

Thanks for the feedback, and happy to hear you're loving Wave thus far!

• Options
    ChainsawChainsaw Member Posts: 2

Hello @Alexia!

Thank you for your interest! I sell managed Linux server hosting which runs on my own hardware. My customers will typically order between 1 and 12 servers per invoice, which is why it would be nice to have a single checkout page where customers can pick the quantity they would like to order. As I said above, I could do some crazy scripting to swap in the right checkouts link for the quantity they select, but that's really crazy.

I would think that anyone selling widgets would appreciate the feature if it could be added.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

That's great feedback, @Chainsaw! Thank you for taking the time to follow up. I'll make sure to bring it to the attention of our product team.

• Options
    ICCTICCT Member Posts: 0

How do I set up Checkouts to accommodate customer choosing multiple products and or multiple items within one product. Can I set it up so that the customer chooses a payment amount (for example for a donation or a tip?)

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @ICCT - Checkouts is still in beta at the moment, and does not have full shopping cart functionality. As such, each Checkout would represent a discrete product or service, without the ability to bundle multiple products/services together into one. At the moment as well, the value of Checkout is not editable either, so including a variable amount such as a tip is not currently a possibility either. I'm going to notify our Product Team though of your requests. Because Checkout is still in beta, we are collecting feedback in terms of what people would like to see improved, added, or changed!

• Options
    MetivtaMetivta Member Posts: 1

This is extremely important feature, especially for non-profits who would like to use this feature to generate donations!

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Metivta Appreciate the feedback you've given us here! Hopefully this is something that we can add to the Checkouts feature in the future, we just don't have an immediate timeline as to when that will be.

• Options
    wfmbikewfmbike Member Posts: 1

Definitely keen for multiple purchase options!! Want to sell logo'd merchandise and can only figure out one purchase at a time. Would like it if they could choose quantity and colour. Wave is great for my events though! Love it!!

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @wfmbike Thanks for weighing in on this. I could definitely see how selling logo'd merchandise may become tedious when you need to enter multiple different options for the same SKU. In an ideal world, how many options would you need made available for Wave to make Checkouts more effective for you?

• Options
    TheHitLabTheHitLab Member Posts: 3

@Alexia any updates on this? My company is thinking about switching to wave, but can't figure out how to add quality to the checkout?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @TheHitLab

Unfortunately our checkout feature does not act like an 'e-commerce store' where you can select multiple items per checkout (ie. sm, med, lg, t-shirts under one checkout link). Each link has to be tied to a separate product or service. This is because your checkouts are tied to a single product.

• Options
    jn1965jn1965 Member Posts: 2

This feature is extremely important to me as we sell items such as Cylance at a per license cost. To have a company be able to pick 10 licenses at $5 is exactly what we need.

• Options
    jn1965jn1965 Member Posts: 2

This is still a needed feature. I can create multiple checkouts for my products such as cylance licenses, automox licenses, & etc. but since I charge on a per license basis, the customer needs to be able to pick 10 (or however many they want) licenses per order.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @jn1965! Thanks for your input here. I totally hear where you're coming from, and I'm sorry that Wave does not offer those multi-product checkouts at this time! Are you only selling those licenses in batches of 10? If so, would it be beneficial for you to create a product in Wave that would be priced at the 10-license price, and then create the checkout link for that particular product?