Paypal General Currency Conversion

SarahMSarahM Member Posts: 1

How do I record the transactions for paupal general currency conversions?

On the USD side of the account I'm seeing a gross of $99.61

On the CAD side of the account I'm seeing -$132.13.

So in Paypal this moved CAD into USD.

How do I record that in wave?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Sarah.

Are you just transferring money between currencies on a multi-currency Paypal account, or are you processing a payment in CAD for a product sold in USD? The approach will be different depending on what you're doing. Can you give me a bit more information on your situation? I'll be happy to help out.

• maochon23maochon23 Member Posts: 2

Hello! I'm a first-time user in Wave and if I may say I am loving it! It's very user-friendly and easy to set-up and understand. However, I encountered the same concerns on General Currency Conversion transactions w/ Paypal. How will I categorize currency conversion for transfers of money between currencies and for processing payments in different currencies?
    Thanks in advance!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @maochon23

First off welcome to Wave's community :smiley: Glad to see you're loving our user friendly program and posting actively in our forums.

We have a bunch of helpful resources when it comes to transfers from foreign accounts!

Check out THIS ARTICLE on this topic and also

You may also get some assistance from some of our other FOREIGN CURRENCY TRANSACTIONS articles as well! Let us know if these are not able to answer your question. Also if you're still struggling, post a couple screenshots with any discrepancies you might be seeing in your account when you try a transfer!

• maochon23maochon23 Member Posts: 2

Thank you @BarsinA !