Options

PayPal Integration help

jessika26jessika26 Member Posts: 1

I do 90% of my business through paypal. I do not see my paypal transactions coming through automatically. I waited for 2 weeks and nothing comes over. Why is it not working? I trying exporting from paypal and importing into wave but then my descriptions are off and I dont know what the transactions are for so I deleted all my transactions I uploaded and decided to ask for help..

edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @jessika26 thanks for reaching out!

Have you already removed and re-added the account? In this case, you'll likely notice that a second account has been created for PayPal. As you've already removed the previously imported transactions, you can go ahead and delete the older one.

Due to the way that the PayPal integration works at present, transactions that have been previously imported - even if they have been deleted - cannot be imported again. In this case, it's necessary to upload your PayPal transactions using a .csv upload. I realize that this is far from ideal, but given the current state of our PayPal integrations, you may find that this approach causes fewer headaches in the long run. The first step will be to download your PayPal history here and then format the .csv file so that it fits the format below:

01/01/2015, Description 1, -250
    01/02/2015, Description 2, 550.50
    01/02/2015, Description 3, -120.75

Uploading the resulting file should allow you to get all of your older PayPal transactions recorded in Wave. Because you have re-added the integration, transactions should continue to automatically import from here. However, if you have any problems, uploading your transactions in the manner described above should work.

I apologize that the integration isn't working as it should. Thank you for taking the time to report this to us. We're working hard to improve the experience in the future.