Options

Is there a way I can give my employee access to only generating invoices?

gill200sgill200s Member Posts: 2

I am in the process of hiring an employee and I don't have my employee to see any other features of waveapps. All I want is for the employee to be able to generate invoices for customers and record payments. Is it possible?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @gill200s.

There's currently no way to customize permissions further than the three levels available in Wave. There has been a lot of discussion on a feature like this one elsewhere on the Community, so we are aware of the demand for further collaborator permission customization.

Would this mostly be to allow your Sales staff to sell products directly through Wave?

I can't promise that this feature will be added to Wave, but I can tell you that feedback from Wavers does have a significant impact on how we choose what to build next, so thank you for providing yours.

• Options
    KelseyRodricksKelseyRodricks Member Posts: 18 admin

Hi @gill200s! I found your question really interesting. I'd love to dig into it a bit more:

• What do your sales and back-office processes look like?
    • Do you have someone helping you with sales-related administration like creating estimates, invoicing and processing/marking payments for specific sales that are closed? A salesperson? An admin?
    • Do you handle bookkeeping and the expenses side of the business yourself?
    • Are you looking to restrict the visibility of your business' performance, not only via reports, but also in areas like the dashboard?

Ultimately, by better understanding your business flows, we can adjust our software over time to be more suitable to your needs.

edited July 4, 2018
  • Options
    VlbahVlbah Member Posts: 2

Great question This something I was looking for as well. I am new to wave and would like my employee to be able to input the sales for each day. I can then reconcile with how much was actually deposited to the bank.

• Options
    terehinojosaterehinojosa Member Posts: 4

I need this feature too!!

• Options

Thanks for adding your voice to this conversation, @terehinojosa!

Can you tell me more about the kind of business you operate and how you would use a feature like this one, specifically in the context of your day-to-day?

• Options
    JudeJude Member Posts: 10

I am also new to wave and interested in this feature. This is because I will like to restrict visibility of my business performance to my employees.The invoicing part of my business is already automated in another system and plan to integrate it to wave eventually. I intend to use wave to manage expenses so will like my employees to be able to capture bills and receipts only while i handle the bank reconciliations.

• Options

Thank you for the feedback, @Jude!

• Options
    gill200sgill200s Member Posts: 2

Hi @KelseyRodricks @Alexia

I operate a laser hair removal business and I want my laser technician to be able to create invoices and record payment.

I do not want my employee to know how much my earnings are as I have several employees. I handle all my bookkeeping myself but just want my employees to create invoices and record payments.

Thanks

• Options

Thank you for adding your voice to this discussion, @gill200s, and for sharing your feedback!

• Options
    ZibahZibah Member Posts: 4

Hi, just joined this platform today. It's very important for me to have this feature too. I don't know how easy it would be to create access right to certain features on each wave account.

For instance, I create a separate log in with the same wave account and highlight features that this log in would have access to e.g sales and daily expenses. Then when I log in as the account owner I can view everything the the admin inputed alongside my inputs to generate a better report.

OR

Include Wave in integration(3rd party integration) as Wave plus with point of sale features alone and this gives the opportunity to sync details on one wave account with another wave account.

I hope we can work on this feature.

Thanks

• Options

Hi, just noticed that we can add a collaborator on profile settings, so you can help by creating a list of his or access rights which we can select or deselect based on the needs of our various businesses

• Options

Thanks for adding to this discussion, @Zibah! Your feedback means a lot to us.

• Options

@gill200s, @Vlbah, @terehinojosa Thanks so much for your feedback! Based on my understanding, you'd like your employee to be able to create and send invoices and/or record payments AND you do not want your employee to be able to view your accounting/financial reporting. I have a few follow-up questions:

• Should your employee have the ability to view past paid invoices?
    • If you're using Payments by Wave, do you want your employee to be able to process payments on Wave?
    • Do you want your employee to be able to view Sales-specific reporting like the Income by Customer and Aged Receivables reports?
    • Do your employees submit receipts through Wave or use any of the other features?
    edited July 30, 2018
  • Options

@Jude Likewise, thanks so much for your feedback. Based on my understanding, you'd like your employees to be able to create bills and receipts.

• Should they be able to view and edit these later?
    • If so, is it ok if one employee has the ability to view and edit another employee's bills/receipts or should their visibility and access be limited to only the bills and receipts they created?
    edited July 30, 2018
  • Options

@Zibah Thank you to you too! We're so grateful for your feedback. You mentioned that you'd like the ability to limit your employees' access to Sales and/or daily expenses.

• If your employee has access to Sales, are you OK with them viewing the cumulative insights in the box at the top of the page (Overdue, Coming due within 30 days, Average time to get paid, Next Payout)?
    • Are you OK with your employees processing payments and/or accessing and editing Customer payment card information?
    • Do you want your employee to be able to view Sales-specific reporting like the Income by Customer and Aged Receivables reports?
    • How does your team typically track and record daily expenses?
    • Is there anyone in your organization that you'd like to grant access to features such as your bank account and accounting/financial reporting?
  • Options
    JudeJude Member Posts: 10

Thanks Kelsey for your response. I have only one employee performing this task on behalf of the organisation. Yes i will like the employee to be able to edit and view only the bills or receipts created by her..

• Options

@KelseyRodricks

• If your employee has access to Sales, are you OK with them viewing the cumulative insights in the box at the top of the page (Overdue, Coming due within 30 days, Average time to get paid, Next Payout)? Yes_
    • Are you OK with your employees processing payments and/or accessing and editing Customer payment card information?**Yes to processing payments e.g the accountant but not customer card information that should have an approval process**
    • Do you want your employee to be able to view Sales-specific reporting like the Income by Customer and Aged Receivables reports? NO
    • How does your team typically track and record daily expenses?Presently Manually
    • Is there anyone in your organization that you'd like to grant access to features such as your bank account and accounting/financial reporting? Yes accountant but No to Supervisors.

Thanks

• Options

Thank you, @Jude and @Zibah! Your responses are very helpful.

Also, I sent everyone in this thread a PM (with a Calendly link to book a meeting with me, if interested).

We want to empower you to safely delegate specific work in Wave to your team members. To help us do that, we'd like to know how roles and responsibilities are organized within your team, and what data and functionality they need to perform their respective job functions in Wave.

We’d love to hear more of your thoughts so we can build the best version of Wave possible for you! Hope to speak to some of you :)

• Options
    Michael_LMichael_L Member Posts: 11

@KelseyRodricks - are you still interested in user feedback on this topic? I'm a bit late to this discussion of course but I'm very interested in these ideas.

I run a photo studio and recently found Wave; I'm impressed so far and I'm working my way fearlessly through the lovely (and long) instruction and setup guide. So far I'm happy with the way things are coming together!

The idea of having a 'sales window' of some type in Wave would be very appealing - both to limit the information available to my part-time staff, and to simplify the process of taking and recording in-person transactions at the studio. For now I think I can make it work just creating a new invoice for each client (and using a 'one-time' client profile for our walk-in sales).

The 'sales window' I'm thinking of doesn't need to have direct integration with a card processing terminal to be useful (although eventually that would be great). I just picture a filtered viewport - almost like what you already have with the invoice 'client view' - where the only functions available are to sell a product and record how it was paid for.

Anyway - if you have questions or would like perspective from a new user I'm happy to contribute in any way that's helpful.

• Options

Hi @Michael_L! Thanks for your feedback. Based on my understanding, your primary concern is that information is currently available to part-time employees that is not required for them to perform their jobs. This reduces operational efficiency. Is that right? Do you have any confidentiality concerns?
    I'm also looping my colleague @Sakshi in on this thread, as she has taken over this product domain.

• Options

Thanks for your reply @KelseyRodricks and thanks for connecting me to @Sakshi - hi!

I do trust my employees, they are all good folks - but most of them don't need to see the payroll or the financial statements of the company. Invoicing and accepting payments from clients is definitely part of their job, however! I need a way for them to work with invoices without also being able to peek around at information that is confidential.

Your current user profiles include Editor, Viewer, and Payroll Admin - could you add a 'Salesperson' option? Wave is already pretty amazing - that extra feature would enhance it nicely and expand your potential target market to include businesses with multiple employees.

Yeah, I'm trying flattery along with my request. Couldn't hurt right? What do you think of the idea though?

• Options
    SakshiSakshi Member Posts: 5 admin

Hi @Michael_L , thanks for reaching out and Happy New Year! I am working on this product domain and would like to know more about your requirement. Would you be ok to connect on a call for 15-20 mins sometime over the next few days? I can send you some conf. call options over the email. Thanks, Sakshi

• Options

I certainly would be open to that @Sakshi - feel free to write me directly. I believe you have my email along with my profile but let me know here if I should get you information another way.

• Options
    CusbodrepCusbodrep Member Posts: 1
    This would be very useful for me too. I would like to be able to give someone access to purely create and modify invoices, but not see the dashboard or anything else to do with financials.

Is there a way I can achieve this?
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Cusbodrep . This isn't currently possible. Feel free to take a look at the following post below which also has a Help Center article attached on all possible user permissions. You can also contribute your voice there with the rest of our users in the community!

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/3668/user-permissions

• Options
    WesJohnsonWesJohnson Member Posts: 1

Hi! Can you enable this feature so that my sales team can create estimates and invoice customers but not perform any other features within the Waveapps site?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @WesJohnson

We know that this is a popular request and I can tell you that our team is very aware of this. I don't have an ETA of when this will be implemented, so I do apologize about this!

• Options
    thedude1thedude1 Member Posts: 1

I really need this feature too please. My salespeople need access to creating invoices but I do not want them pulling all financial reports on the company, cashflow, PNLs etc.

I'm shocked this feature still isn't implemented yet, it's quite a basic need.

• Options
    SheroShero Member Posts: 2

Hi
    I am also needing my staff to only have access to the sales and purchases functions please

• Options
    GMA1GMA1 Member Posts: 1

Please tell me we're getting this for Christmas! :wink:

I just hired a salesperson and only want them to be able to create estimates and invoices, pretty much. Oh, and enter new customer profiles as well.

On a side note, any chance we'll ever have the ability to create Sales Orders (Prior to Invoice), Packing Slips, and Bill of Ladings?