Options

Tax-inclusive prices on invoices

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sales tax.

Comments

• Options
    DannyDanny Member Posts: 6

In Australia, all prices are shown tax inclusive. Invoices look odd selling something for $272.727 to get a total of $300.00.

Option should be added to the software like most other software does.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Danny.

Thanks for bringing this up! There's currently no way to do this easily do this in Wave, but if it's nearly universal in Australia, your right to suggest it might be worth investigating.

The alternative would be to create journal entries to move amounts from Sales to Taxes Payable after every invoice. You would still have to calculate these amounts manually, so that is less than ideal.

I'll make sure your feedback reaches the right people. Thank you for taking the time to share it! I can't make any guarantees that this is a feature we'll build in Wave, but feedback from our users does have a significant impact on how we choose what to build next for Wave.

• Options
    rjodwyerrjodwyer Member Posts: 1

:( I also need to enter prices including tax, this is a show stopper when syncing WooCommerce to Wave via Zapier as the prices do not match due to rounding. a $100 invoice becomes $99.99 when it syncs due to the tax being calculated afterwards in Wave.