Email issue

Wojciech WoziwodzkiWojciech Woziwodzki Member Posts: 1

I send emails but customers didn't receive them.

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi Wojciech! Most often, this is because the emails were rerouted to spam. Could you try sending a test invoice to yourself and post back here if you aren't able to receive it successfully? This could help to rule out an overly aggressive spam filter as the reason why your customers aren't getting your mail.

• Gavin HillGavin Hill Member Posts: 4

Wojciech I have exactly the same issue, all the mails from waveapps.com get caught in my clients spam filters. I use O365 for my mail but Wave doesn't seem to have any plans to support O365 sending right now, so I have to go through the laborious process of saving the PDF and mailing it myself. It's a pity, as you don't get the tracking that way.

• Timothy PoplaskiTimothy Poplaski Member Posts: 6

The best solution would be for Wave to allow us to specify our own STMP server and the credentials needed to send email using it.

Gavin: In Office365 you can set up "Shared Mailboxes" that have their own public email addresses. There's no extra charge for them. If you were to set up "Invoices@YourCompanyName.com" and have all outgoing invoices CC'd to that address with PDFs attached, you could add the shared mailbox within Outlook the program. Then you justforward the email with a couple quick deletions in the subject line and the body of the email to clear out the "forwarding" stuff.

It's still a kludge/workaround, but a faster one. It has the added benefit of creating an archive of all invoices sent that's in your system, outside of Wave. Invoices sent this way can come from your mailbox or the shared mailbox address.

If you aren't using desktop Outlook, you can also access the shared mailbox via:

https://outlook.office.com/owa/MailBoxName@YourCompanyName.com/

Sign into your mailbox first. Then open another tab and use the above link, modified with the email address of the shared mailbox. (I bookmark them for quicker easier access.)

To automate forwarding using the shared mailbox, once signed in to the web site you can add contacts and set rules to forward or resend to those contacts automatically from the shared mailbox. Each method has drawbacks in how the To: From: stuff displays, but both work.

Another option, is to "relay" the invoices via Office365 using external contacts added to the company directory and distribution lists with public email addresses that forward to those contacts.Again the To: From: can look a little odd to a customer, but it works, and emails to the customer come from your domain and the Office365 system without ongoing work on your end or "forwarding" text that needs to be deleted. Distribution lists can contain many destinations, so it also allows for invoices that need to be sent to multiple recipients. They're also easily modified if recipients need updating.

I don't like kludges, but I don't like not getting paid on time more :)

This discussion has been closed.