Merge Transactions Still showing in Reconciliation

epiloepilo Member Posts: 9

OK, so I'm now having to merge manual invoices and active bank transactions, otherwise I have two of the same transactions in my accounts! An utter pain, but a workaround apparently.

Anyways - I have merged my two transactions, 'but' it is still frustratingly showing in my reconciliation, which is unbalancing this by £225! What is going wrong please and how can i fix - again, very frustrating. I'm presuming the normal behaviour of merging two of the same transactions would also merge this when reconciling too?

See the screenshots attached.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @epilo.

The transactions shown in both of your screenshots don't match up. The ones on your first screenshot are on the 29th, and the ones in the second screenshot are on the 27th. The invoice numbers are also different. Is it possible that you just missed doing one of those merges?

Instead of using the merge function, you could also simply take the transaction uploaded from your bank and categorize it as "Payment for an Invoice in Wave", and then choosing the appropriate invoice. It might be a better way to ensure you don't end up with duplicate transactions from your bank connection.