Deleting Sales Tax

SonicSonic Member Posts: 2

I have set up my sales tax completely wrong and I need to start from scratch. I am thinking of deleting my sales taxes adding new ones and going through each transaction to apply the correct one.

Is this the best way to do this?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Sonic.

You'll have to go an change the tax in all of your invoices and bills first. This will have to be done one-by-one, unfortunately.

Once that's done, you can go to your transactions page and select any transaction you've manually set up as taxed, as well as any receipt, and change them in bulk by clicking the "Edit" button.

Once you've changed your tax everywhere, you'll be able to delete the old one from the Sales Tax page, in your settings.

Let me know if you run into any issues!

• dandiesdandies Member Posts: 5

Hi Wave Team,
    I wonder if it would be difficult to implement an option to archive the tax, rather than delete it. Similar to how you can archive other accounts. They still are there, but don't show up as an option you can chose and maybe could also be invisible in the tax report?

That would be a great solution to this.

Our taxes changed from not being recoverable to being so, so I had to create a new tax category because of that. (once the option is set, you can't change it later in the tax settings).

But now tax reports don't look as clean as they could and I need to ensure to remember not to use the wrong category again... archiving this tax would do the trick.

Would your engineers be able to implement this?
    David

edited January 29, 2020
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@dandies Hey David, interesting suggestion. I haven't heard many cases where the tax itself goes from not recoverable to recoverable. We have the ability to increase or decrease the tax with a date attached due to this being a common occurrence, but I'm not sure whether we've taken into consideration the change of recoverability.

To be transparent, this isn't on our roadmap at the moment, but I'd be more than happy to pass along this feedback with your use case to the team. Thanks for the feature idea, David!