Options

Notification from Invoice App

ianian Member Posts: 1

I had a very unsettling experience just now when I received a notification from the Wave Invoices app which consisted of the acronym 'lol'. No other information was included, and when I opened the app no further information was forthcoming.

Is this a poorly planned 'easter egg', a possible compromising of Wave's infrastructure, or the actions of a rogue employee? I don't have a lot of confidence in the app after this incident and I'm considering uninstalling it and reconsidering my choice of accounting software unless you can set my mind at ease.

Comments

• Options
    hunnydiphunnydip Member Posts: 1

I had the same issue as well. I've been trying to figure out if my account has been hacked, or if any of my information has been compromised.

• Options
    blackriverfallsblackriverfalls Member Posts: 1

Same thing here. Employee goofing around or they've been hacked?

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi folks! We're currently investigating reports of an unusual push notification. We apologize for any alarm this may have caused, and we'll follow up with you here.

• Options

Hi Ian & all. We wanted to send you an update.

We're still working to identify how some Android customers received an unusual push notification this afternoon. We're updating the situation here: https://goo.gl/F1LVB9

• Options

Hi all, I wanted to drop in with an update. Our team has resolved this issue. You can read about it here.

This discussion has been closed.