Options

Feature Request - Automatic Reminders on Recurring Invoices

awassallawassall Member Posts: 5

I really like the recurring invoices but it would be a great benefit to me and I am sure others to set up automatic reminders with the recurring invoice. I send off a number of recurring invoices every month and some of my clients need a bit of a push to get them paid. Having this automated would help me very much.

I can set this on manual invoices and I can add them once the recurring invoice is already created but this seems a bit pointless to me.

edited August 29, 2018 in Sales & Invoicing Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

@awassall Thanks for the feedback! Do you find that you set the same number/interval of reminders for the same customers (whether the invoice is recurring or not) Or do you think about them differently for recurring invoices?

• Options
    awassallawassall Member Posts: 5

@Rahim It does depend on the customer. I have some that have set up regular payments or pay one time but I also have some customers who seem to forget to pay it pretty much every month, which I am sure many other people do as well.

If I could set the automatic reminders like you can with manual I do think this would make my life easier. I could, for example, set a reminder to be sent on the due day, 3 days after and 7 days after and hopefully, that will help remind these 'forgetful' people.

• Options
    NickNick Member Posts: 1

I second that request. Honestly I thought I remembered it being an option at one time, but now as I look around, I can't find the reminders option for recurring invoices anywhere - and yes, reminders are a must have! If this option exists please let me know how to do it. My email is nick@garverprotection.com or if it becomes available please let me know! Thanks

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for adding your voice to this discussion, @Nick.

I do recommend you remove that email address from your post if it isn't meant to be public information. The Community is a public forum, which means that what you post here is available for the entire internet to see.

• Options
    HeroHero Member Posts: 1

Hi Guys, My search for this feature brought me here and I was wondering if the feature is now available.

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Hero, its something we're still working on as we build out our Invoices platform, but I'm going to submit a feature request on your behalf as well. Right now the only way to attach reminders to a recurring invoice is to do so manually from the Sales > Invoices page, after our recurring scheduler has created an individual invoice. You'd also need to set this up each time an invoice was generated for now.