Link Existing Bank / Credit Card Connection with Proper Account Category

ChristopherDChristopherD Member Posts: 1

On my "Personal" account, I have an existing credit card connection that is importing data to my "Equity->Owner Investment Drawings" category. This is not correct.

1) How can I switch the existing historical transactions to the proper "Liability->My Credit Card Account"?

2) How can I switch the existing bank connection to import new transactions to new account in "Liability->My Credit Card Account"?

No where on the "Bank Connections" or the "Chart of Accounts" does it let you "link" the imported data from a bank to a "Asset" or "Liability/Credit Card" category.

I searched support for this case and couldn't find the information. Maybe I didn't state the problem correctly or us right key words.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @ChristopherD.

You can change the account in which transactions are automatically uploaded from your Bank Connections page. Go to Accounting, and click the pencil icon and adjust the account that each connection will feed into.

For the transactions that were already uploaded, you'll have to move them manually. This will have to be done transaction by transaction. It might be faster to delete all of them and re-create your bank connection entirely, or upload your bank statement.