Handling Depreciation

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Cash and Accrual dilemma.

Comments

• DemDem Member Posts: 6

Hi Alexia and everyone. How do i add depreciation (non cash expenses) back to income segment of my Cashflow report on the wave accounting app? I have had trouble getting this done. ( I guess the app should have done this automatically, but i can't seem to find it, or am i missing something?). Thanks

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dem.

I moved your comment into its own thread, since it wasn't related to the original issue brought up in that discussion. In the future, please make a new discussion if you can't find an answer to your question.

That has to be done manually, but it's a simple journal entry. here's what you'll have to do:

• First, you'l need to create an asset account to track depreciation. Go to your Chart of Accounts and click "Add Account". Create an account under the "Depreciation and amortization" account type. You can name it so that it refers to the asset that is depreciating for easier tracking.
    • On your Transactions page, create a journal transaction by clicking the "More" button on the top right. With that journal transaction, debit the amount of the depreciation to the "Depreciation Expenses" expense account, and credit the account you created earlier.

And that's all! Just repeat step 2 of this manoeuvre whenever you want to record depreciation for an asset.

Alright!

Thanks @Alexia !

I'll give your recommendation a try to see what works.

Hi @Alexia !

You know what? You're the besssssssssssssst !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your recommendation. It works excellently well. I have been having trouble getting a correct statement due to this. But now its fine!

Thanks again !

I'm really happy to hear that, @Dem! You are very welcome!

Reach out if you need anything else, I'm never very far.

• Helene79Helene79 Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    edited my previous comment as I found what I was looking for!
    Thanks for a brilliant app!

edited September 20, 2018

Happy to hear it, @Helene79! Glad to know your enjoying using Wave thus far!