Options

Commission Based 1099 employees

AtticBuddiesAtticBuddies Member Posts: 2

How can we setup a commission payment structure to pay our our sales people? We hire 1099 employees

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @AtticBuddies.

Are you asking for tips on establishing a structure like that, or on how to handle it with Payroll by Wave? If it's the latter, Wave currently doesn't support contractors or offer 1099s for the contractors you hire. We recommend treating their pay as bills within Wave as a workaround.

If your employees were not contractors, you could use Payroll to add a commission to their pay by going to Employees, under Payroll, and clicking on a given employee's name. Once there, go to Benefits and Deductions. You'll have the option to add to their pay and mark it as a commission.

edited July 13, 2018
  • Options
    AtticBuddiesAtticBuddies Member Posts: 2

Thank you I think I’ll take your advice and treat it as a bill. I am looking for a way to automate the total amount of sales from a specific sales person. Does waves offer that option?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @AtticBuddies.

No, there isn't currently a way to automate calculating commission in Wave. I'd love to hear more about your business and its needs, however!

Can you tell me what kind of business you run? How do you currently calculate commission? Do you use contractors exclusively? The more information you can share about your business, the better we'll learn how to grow Wave to help.