Options

Need Accountant with knowledge of Cross Border Tax

Ash PickeringAsh Pickering Member Posts: 1

I am a resident in Mexico, running a business. Most of my sales are made in the US, with all expenses in Mexico. I am not a US citizen and have no financial ties there except for bank accounts. I have no SSN or any other Tax number in the US, as I pay all my taxes here in Mexico.

Need someone to guide me on how I should be reporting (or if I need to report) in the US.

Comments

• Options
    magicwillmagicwill Member Posts: 37 ✭✭

Hello Ash,

I'm a U.S. accountant (Chicago, IL) of 30+ years experience. I've worked with foreign clients from over a dozen countries who either have U.S. sourced income or are considering operating here. The U.S. government considers you to be operating here by virtue ofyourreceiving business income from U.S. sources.

If your business is a corporation, you'll file the IRS form 1120-F; if you're operating as a sole proprietor, you'll file IRS form 1040-NR. While the U.S. - Mexico tax treaty will exempt your U.S. sourced income from taxation here, you're still required to file the appropriate returnto claim your treaty exemption.

I provide form completion and filing services for a number of clients that have no physical presence here but have income sourced here. I'd be happy to discuss your situation further. My e-mail is willsaddler48@yahoo.com.