Options

Attempting to connect bank - endless loading

rhythmgracedancerhythmgracedance Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I've recently started using wave. I did have my bank connected and statements were uploaded, however there were duplicates of a lot of entries so I deleted all transaction history, removed my bank account, and decided to start fresh. However, since I removed the bank account, it won't reconnect - I get the endless ping-ping loading symbol and stuck on the message 'Checking for any security questions...' at the top. Any fix for this? Or do I need to manually upload all of my accounting for the time being?

edited August 30, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hey there, thanks for reaching out! Depending on the issue, uploading your transactions via exports could be faster, but if your connection has been working we may be able to get it up and running again. It sounds silly, but as a first step I recommend clearing your cache and cookies and reattempting your connection in the same way you did the first time you were successful.

• Options
    sundayfundaysundayfunday Member Posts: 8

I am having the exact same issue. I deleted all of my bank connections and transactions to try to start from scratch, but now I am getting errors when I try to re-link my accounts. Please help!

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @sundayfunday ! This is actually a separate and unrelated issue. This weekend, the data provider through which Wave is able to facilitate bank connections began experiencing issues. Our team is working together with them to resolve, but we do not currently have an ETA. I'll create another post with more information.

• Options

Can you please include a link to the post with more information. I am anxious to get this issue handled. Thanks,

• Options

Can you please include a link to the post with more information. I am anxious to get this issue handled. Thanks,

• Options
    James_HudsonJames_Hudson Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @sundayfunday!

A post has been created for the bank connection issue that you've run into here. This appears to be a widespread issue involving the third party that Wave uses for bank connections, and while it should be handled shortly, it's hard to know for sure when that will be.

In the meantime, uploading your transactions is your best bet for getting your transaction data into Wave!

James

• Options

I was able to re-link the accounts, but it's only pulling data as far back as September 2017. Will this issue be resolved automatically? I am hesitant to upload statements manually if they are going to duplicate automatically later. Thanks.

• Options
    SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi @sundayfunday there are limits as to how for back banks will let Wave pull your bank data. These vary by bank but are generally 60 or 90 days, so for anything further back than September you would need to use statement upload, and those transactions won't duplicate because Wave can't automatically import them :) hope that helps!

• Options
    tcdesignzstudiotcdesignzstudio Member Posts: 1

I have been asked to enter a six digit code texted to my number ending in **** but i have not received any messages. Can someone please help, my bank was connecting fine now all of a sudden this is happening, please help.

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @tcdesignzstudio - that code should be sent to you by your bank, rather than Wave. It sounds like the bank may have implemented 2-factor authentication which is why the connection stopped (potentially). Could you try contacting your bank to see what the status is and if they can redirect your code so it gets to you correctly? If this is still not working afterwards (or you've tried this already), let me know!