Options

Never received two step verification

jlacour9796jlacour9796 Member Posts: 2

I tried to verify my bank but was unable. I logged in correctly halfway via Wave but was waiting on the code from a text or call for 2-step authentication from my bank. I never received it. I was able to login in and out of my bank account on their website with 2-step authentication, but unable to with Wave. What should I do now?

edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @jlacour9796.

From what I can see on our end, it was successfully sent. I'm not entirely sure what could've interrupted it. You say that you're able to receive that one-time password when you log into your online banking?

Can you try clearing your browser's cache and disabling any browser extension before removing that connection entirely and trying again? It's possible that a temporary file or extension is interrupting the process.

• Options
    jlacour9796jlacour9796 Member Posts: 2

Tried clearing the cache and disabling any extensions but still didn't receive the the confirmation number via text. @Alexia

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @jlacour9796.

Thanks for following up. Have you tried removing the connection entirely and adding it again? There might have been an issue at creation that could need the connection to be restarted from scratch. Let me know if that helps.

I did a bit of research and I found a few instances of issues receiving one-time passwords from this bank connection recently. If it's still not working, I'm happy to reach out to our data provider in your name, but I can't guarantee that this isn't an issue on the side of your bank (specifically about how it handles third-parties trying to connect).