Options

Chase credit card auto-importing wrong dates

jwhayesjwhayes Member Posts: 3

1) I just signed up for Wave and added my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card account and Bank of America checking. The auto-importation of transactions seemed to work but when I checked the transaction dates, they were wrong in Wave. I removed the BofA account and the Chase account and deleted all transactions to wipe the slate clean and then connected only the Chase account again and imported ... same problem. Just one example out of many: Wave shows this transaction posting on 7/20: https://www.screencast.com/t/7kYxj9rVlH when in fact the Chase site and statement say it posted on 7/18: https://www.screencast.com/t/GOyrspRHAVao ... ???

2) Another, perhaps related, issue is that even after I removed a bank account from my account and deleted all of the Transactions, if I go back into Bank Connections and add a new account, the "and payment account" dropdown still displays the name of the deleted account. For instance: https://screencast.com/t/SFz7PFkY . Here I've deleted the BUSINESS ADVANTAGE account entirely but it still shows as a potential selection for the payment account. ??

3) And (sorry) yet another question ... for credit cards, should I specify this "and payment account" to be the bank account that I use to pay the credit card off each month? I assume so, but wanted to confirm.

Jeff

edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @jwhayes.

Let's go through those questions one by one.

1. I'm not entirely sure what's happening here, I'll have to file a support request with our data provider on that subject. I'll follow up on the support ticket you've also submitted for what concerns this question.
    2. Removing a bank connection does not remove the account from your Chart of Accounts. It'll still exist somewhere on your account. You can archive that account to prevent it from showing up anywhere by finding it in your Chart of Accounts, clicking the pencil next to it and checking the appropriate checkbox in the popup. If there is no transaction in that account, it'll disappear entirely.
    3. No need to apologize! I'm always happy to help out! The Payment Account is not the account from which you'd pay off your credit card bill, it's the matching account on your Chart of Accounts in Wave. It's where transactions uploaded for that card will appear in Wave. In case of a credit card, you'll want to create a liability account (with the "Credit Card" account type).

In the future, please only ask your questions through a single support avenue. Asking in multiple places can slow down our response time, both to you and to other Wavers. You're welcome to do it either through support tickets or here on the Community, but we ask that you keep everything in one place. Thanks!

• Options
    jwhayesjwhayes Member Posts: 3

Re asking questions through one avenue ... totally understand. I'll do that. I'm new to Wave and didn't even know about this bulletin board until yesterday. And then late yesterday, I also discovered you have IM chat help. So note that "Nathan" is already looking into #1.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to hear that, @jwhayes!

And welcome to the Community! You're more than welcome to click around and join in on a few discussions that catch your eye.