Will the new version have a raw data transactions report?

LorenzoLorenzo Member Posts: 19

Just wondering if the new version will have a raw data report where we can export all our transactions, with their identifying information (account/categories..etc)?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Lorenzo.

You can actually do this as is. Just click on settings and scroll down to Data Export. You'll be able to export your data there. One of the files in the folder you'll receive, the "accounting" file, will have all that information.

• LorenzoLorenzo Member Posts: 19

OK Thanks @Alexia, I took a look.

It seems a little weird to me maybe because I'm not all that experienced with accounting.

But I think if I can take the account's name in 'transactions.csv' and look at the 'general_ledger.csv' file for the actual transaction name. I can then use that info along with the fact on whether or not is is a debit or credit, to hunt for the associated category in the 'journal_entries.csv' file. So with some programming and shredding of the files, this seems to work to get me back to a list that looks like the transactions page.

Thanks!

Hi, @Lorenzo.

There isn't a way to get the data from your transactions page directly. The closest you could probably get would be your bank statement. Can you tell what you need this data for? I might be able to offer an alternative if I have a better idea of exactly what you need.

I plan to shred the raw data for my own personal use into my personal DB. I'm planning to put some things to use like implementing a budgeting/allocation system, as described in one of my other posts. Basically, I want to get the functionality that I've described, that Wave doesn't have. So I use Wave for my basic accounting and as a transaction aggregation system and use my own system for the extra stuff that I want. I'm a developer so doing stuff like this is familiar to me.

So, the data that you've pointed me to is fine.

That's super interesting! Thanks for sharing, @Lorenzo!

• JennycJennyc Member Posts: 13

were you ever able to export with descriptions?

Hi Jenny,

I haven't used wave since soon after this post. Was having an issue with my capital one accounts, which were not loading. Was told that it was an issue with Capital one, but my Mint account was successfully loading the data. Left me disappointed and I stopped using Wave.

So I cannot tell you how the functionality is now. Sorry that I cannot be more helpful.