uploading bank statements

mva_3456mva_3456 Member Posts: 5

I just got Wave today, and I tried uploading my bank statement. For some reason, it wouldn't do it! I tried downloading the file in every format your site suggests. No go. The only way I can download a statement is as a PDF. Now what?

Comments

• mva_3456mva_3456 Member Posts: 5

Update: I managed to download a csv file, but when I went to upload it, there were 2 issues. The first one I encountered was that I had to choose between "cash on hand" and credit card statement. I'm trying to upload my bank account, not my credit card, so I chose cash on hand. Is that right?

The second issue is that only part of a month was uploaded....or at least I was only able to view a few days worth of transactions....not the whole month. What do I need to do?

edited August 4, 2018
  • AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @mva_3456.

The first thing you'll have to do is create an account on your Chart of Accounts for your bank account. You can't choose a bank account to upload your statement to, because it doesn't exist in Wave just yet. To do this, go to Chart of Accounts, under accounting, and click on "Add an account". Your bank account will be an asset account with the "Bank & Cash" account type.

For the second question, that's a little trickier. Do you mean that the preview when you tried to upload your transaction only showed the first few transactions? That's normal, it's just meant to be a preview to make sure everything is in order. If you actually go through the upload process, all of your transaction will appear on the Transactions page.

Thanks for your response, Alexia. I was able to go to add account and I put in all the information needed to add my Citi business account. When Wave got done checking everything, it connected my Citi personal account, not my business account. And trust me, I was online with Citibusiness, confirming everything, updating password, etc., etc., etc. I put in all of the correct information into Wave....and still it came up with my personal account, not my business account. Now what?

Hi, @mva_3456.

When you log into your Citibusiness account's online banking, what the address of the login page? I see that there are two Citibusiness banks on our list and I'm wondering if you might've picked the wrong one. With the URL, I'll be able to confirm.

I'm seeing here that you're connected to a credit card and a checking account. Which one is defaulting to your personal account?

online.citi.com is the one I usually use. I have 2 accounts - one personal and one business. I have another URL which I can use which is https://businessaccess.citibank.citigroup.com/

• Bruce_C49Bruce_C49 Member Posts: 38

Yes, I have encountered a similar issue with my credit union as it isn't a member of the banks and financial institutions on the Wave list. However I create a csv file and upload to my bank account and this works well.

Hi, @mva_3456.

Have you tried setting up a connection with Citibank (online.citibank.com) (US). The URL for the login page matches the first one you offered, it might be worth trying if you haven't already.

@Bruce_C49 is also right! Bank connections are finicky creatures. If we can't figure out how to resolve this one, you might be better off uploading your statements as CSV files. It's quick, painless and always reliable.