Export and Import

GGTRGGTR Member Posts: 3

I have two waveapps accounts. I want to migrate data from one account to the other and close the old one. Is it possible?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @GGTR.

No, it isn't possible to move data between Wave accounts at all. Can you tell me what you need to move over? I might be able to suggest a way to make it easier.

• GGTRGGTR Member Posts: 3

Hi Alexia. Thank you for responding. I need to move cutomers and Invoices/quotations.

Regards

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for following up, @GGTR.

For invoices, you don't have any recourse, they'll have to be added manually. You could just add the outstanding ones and add the numbers from past sales as your starting balance for different accounts instead, and just leave the old Wave account active as a backup for those invoices.

You can export a list of your customers using the Data export feature, which you can find at the bottom of the Settings page. You can then upload those customers by following these instructions. Make sure you download the template from that link, as it does not match the document from the Data export feature. You'll have a bit of copy-pasting to do before being able to import your customer list, but it'll be significantly less work than entering them one by one.

• GGTRGGTR Member Posts: 3

Thanks. I'll get started right away.