Options

Capital One Business Spark Checking not supported

2»

Comments

• Options
    RachelGeeksOutRachelGeeksOut Member Posts: 17

Right @ehanusa that's the exact error I was getting so I gave up and moved banks. Crazy, right? Good luck!

• Options
    fjdksleiwoqpfjdksleiwoqp Member Posts: 4

@RachelGeeksOut Which bank did you switch to? Also running into this issue, and bank feeds are crucial for us.

• Options

Citizen's Bank. They have free business checking, but I think they may be only in the Boston area?

• Options
    markisbondmarkisbond Member Posts: 2

I saw that it hasn't connected in two weeks. Did some more digging into the CapOne Spark website it still says I have access codes enabled... Is there any update on this? One of my main drivers to use yours over QBO

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @ehanusa, @markisbond, @RachelGeeksOut, @fjdksleiwoqp, and anyone else I may have missed!

Right now, we're getting mixed reports of Capital One Spark accounts and general connectivity, as there were major outages between Capital One and our data aggregator (Yodlee) in a similar manner to what was mentioned before. This is primarily due to website changes on Capital One's end, how Yodlee responds to these changes, and what comes downstream to yourself and others.

One thing that I've see working for some people is to delete the existing Capital One connection, and then reconnect. Know that this doesn't affect your existing transactions in Wave; any data that's already in there will not be affected by deleting the connection.

The general explanation that I've received is that when you try to update the connection as-is, you'll get the notification that Capital One isn't supported, which is technically true: the old URL that your connection is currently trying to pull data from isn't active. However, if you reconnect after deleting the connection, it's your best bet for getting the updated URL for the connection and establishing a working connection. Please let us know how this goes!

edited December 4, 2018
  • Options

FWIW, everyone should know that Capital One is no longer allowing business bank accounts, so I really don't think they're supporting it anymore. It's one of the reasons I decided to move away from Capital One instead of Wave. :)

• Options

Thanks for the advice.

Deleting the connection and re-adding (selecting "Capital One" as the provider, then leaving only my business account checked) seems to have it working again.

• Options
    ehanusaehanusa Member Posts: 4

@fjdksleiwoqp said:
    Thanks for the advice.

Deleting the connection and re-adding (selecting "Capital One" as the provider, then leaving only my business account checked) seems to have it working again.

I just tried searching for Capital One Spark business, and it doesn't show up as a possible bank connection.

• Options

@ehanusa search for "Capital One" and use that rather than searching for Spark Business specifically - it pulled all my accounts, and then I chose to import only my Spark Business ones.

• Options
    ehanusaehanusa Member Posts: 4

@ehanusa said:

@fjdksleiwoqp said:
    Thanks for the advice.

I just tried searching for Capital One Spark business, and it doesn't show up as a possible bank connection.

Nevermind. I got it to work. :) Though, it's not importing thing transactions correctly. It imported all transactions as expenses; while some are actually income transactions. Anybody else having this issue?

edited December 6, 2018
  • Options

It imported all transactions as expenses; while some are actually income transactions. Anybody else having this issue?

Yep, same here. I've had this happen previously and it was automatically fixed somehow, so hoping one day I'll sign in and it'll be correct.

• Options
    anony_mooseanony_moose Member Posts: 3

Hi @Alexia , do you have any updates on this? Would love to know if support is planned or if I need to drop Wave or Capital One.

Also, because I know you guys thrive on feedback I thought I should point out that you writing "What a shame" makes my blood boil. I know you're trying to be fun and silly and this issue clearly isn't a big deal for you guys, but it presents a major problem for a number of your customers. No hard feelings and I hope this is helpful feedback!

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @anony_moose (great name btw). I definitely agree about the 'What a shame' message. The last thing we want to do is come off as condescending, and thank you very much for your feedback. We actually are just taking a look now at some of the messages that appear (and this one in particular), so I'm adding your feedback to the request for revision.

In terms of any update, unfortunately we continue to have on-again, off-again issues between our banking data provider and capital one. In the near future (beginning of next year ideally), we're hoping to transition some of the banking aggregation to a new third-party service which should hopefully remedy this disconnect. I'm sorry about the frustration this has caused though!

• Options
    anony_mooseanony_moose Member Posts: 3

Sounds good, re: feedback.

Re: Capital One, OK—I'll give it a bit more time. Thanks for the swift response and the update.

And glad you like the name :)

• Options
    JANET_BJANET_B Member Posts: 1

I am having the same issue... error message "There was an error saving your credentials". Is this going to be fixed? It hasn't worked for over a month. I even requested a new access code and reentered the login info... no luck...
    My bank access is working fine when I go to Spark directly.

• Options
    GaelleGaelle Member Posts: 2

Hey everyone, this morning I chose Capital one (US) and was able to sync my spark accounts.
    looks like capital one has finally finished the migration.
    check it out!
    Spark + Wave is the best combo would be a shame to drop one of them
    Good luck!!

• Options
    zuzazuza Member Posts: 31 admin

Hey @Gaelle ! That's really great news! Thank you for confirming!

• Options
    plumquestplumquest Member Posts: 3

Hi @zuza, sadly, when I use Capital One (US), this work-around it doesn't work for me. My Spark accounts used to work with WAVE before there systems changed. I wonder how @Gaelle got it to work? I redid the Spark access code a few times, and that didn't help.

• Options
    zuzazuza Member Posts: 31 admin

Hello @plumquest.

What exactly are you seeing on your end that indicates it not working? Is there an error message showing or does your Spark account not even come up as an option to bring into Wave?

I would also like to confirm whether you are able to login using this URL, as this is what our data service provider uses to connect Wave with Capital 1? Please let me know how it goes

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=360Bank

• Options
    plumquestplumquest Member Posts: 3

the message i get is - your login credentials are incorrect. Please connect again and re-enter.... Each time I try I get the same response.

• Options
    DeanTheTaxGuyDeanTheTaxGuy Member Posts: 4

I think Spark business is closed down. I can't even log in...

• Options
    harpersferrytailsharpersferrytails Member Posts: 5

Is this Capital One Spark issue going to be fixed? I keep getting signed into my personal account. I tried the user number and access code trick and that didn't work. This is kind of a deal breaker if I can't attach banking to payment and accounting application. I hate Capital One too, but I can't just change tomorrow.
    Need actual answer about whether this is doable or not.

• Options
    MarrahmMarrahm Member Posts: 3

FWIW, this continues to be a challenge for me. Connect through wave worked fine early last year via Spark option in WAVE. Then i switched to the Cap One (non-Spark, despite being a Spark account) and it work for a bit. Now neither option is reliable anymore. WAVE goes weeks without updating, but will update sometimes if i force it to manually. Reset PWs, reloaded everything, etc.

What is most troubling for me is that QB works just fine. On a free trial, i had transactions loaded into QB faster than it takes me to manually mess around with WAVE to get it going. I really like wave a lot, but this is enough to make me switch back.

Best of luck,
    Mike

• Options
    garistongariston Member Posts: 3

I have personal and business accounts with capital one. When I use my login credentials I only see personal and no Spark. When I try logging in using access code instead personal credentials I get "credentials provided were incorrect". Which is the correct method?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @gariston . It seems like Capital One changed the way their accounts are structured and third-party data aggregators aren’t able to access Spark Business accounts. There's no current ETA from our data aggregator about supporting these in the future, but they're really hoping they can work something out to do so.

In the meantime, I'd suggest using our Google Sheets integrations called Wave Connect, which should make it a lot easier for you to get your transactions into Wave. Check it out here.