Options

I can help you get started in Wave.

Bruce_C49Bruce_C49 Member Posts: 38

Starting out as a proprietor? A corporate shareholder operator? Bringing any fixed assets into the business? What is your share structure?

I can help you set up your (Canadian) Wave accounting chart of accounts and opening trial balance. I can analyze your operating each quarter if you like as well.

If interested, get in touch

Comments

• Options
    BrianBBrianB Member Posts: 5

Hello Bruce,
    This is Brian B. I'm a beauty salon, start-up operator looking to mange the accounting component of our operation.
    I'd be interested to learn about your preferred working style.
    Might you be interested in communicating ?
    Brian

• Options

Hi Brian.. Thanks for getting back to me. Tell me about your business. I can set up your business accounts in Wave and provide other services too.

• Options

Hello Bruce.
    Sole proprietorship. One person, beauty service operation. Very small retail inventory. Automated wherever possible.
    Appointment online booking system. Square register POS connected to my business bank account.
    Been using Quickbooks online and the experience has been less than pleasant ( I haven't received proper training). Last 4 months of 2018 aren't reconciled in QBO.
    I've set up a new business account with Wave and I need to transition out of QBO into Wave accurately.
    I'm wanting to do most of our bookkeeping "legwork" because I need to learn "how to fish" regarding the business' numbers.
    Respectfully, a compatible working style is vital to a healthy relationship Bruce.
    Hoping this answers your question.

• Options

Yeah QB isn't intuitive. Have you uploaded your bank to Wave so the transactions are all there?

• Options

Yes, our bank account has been uploaded to Wave.

• Options

Okay, do you have a cart of accounts set up?

• Options

Wave populated a list of accounts based on our salon business type. Is that what you're referring to ?

• Options

Yes it is. You can also add or modify accounts as they pertain to your business. Where is your business located Brian? You should have an opening balance sheet journal entry to show the assets and liabilities you brought to your business. This opening balance sheet entry would be backdated to the first day of operation. Get in touch with me at
    gwjay419@gmail.com and we can discuss further. Bruce

• Options

We are located in tropical Ottawa,

• Options
    TTechTTech Member Posts: 7

Please keep posting your progress it helps everybody. Thanks. I'm in Quebec so I deal with the most insane taxes in the world (before someone goes ape on this, we are the only one in the world who pays tax on another tax that's the basis for my comments :)) so don't hesitate to ask. advice is free