Income by customer report issue

greg_sgreg_s Member Posts: 17

We're now fully ramped up on Wave and am enjoying using it but I have something I don't understand. In the Income by Customer report with dates set to our earliest transitions to current we have one customer that shows All income as $8,466.66 and Paid income as $2,000. But when we click on the all income entry we find a starting balance of zero, two invoices for a total of $8,466.66 and two payments for the same amount with a zero ending balance. So why does the Income by Customer report not match the detailed transactions?

Thanks,

Greg

Comments

• greg_sgreg_s Member Posts: 17

Nevermind, I opened the first invoice and simply saved it again and now the balances tie out.

I've now found 3 or 4 of these

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @greg_s.

The first account that appears on the list when you click on "All Income" on that report is your "Accounts Receivable" for that client. It'll show the amount you're owed dated at invoice creation, and then the amount paid when there's an actual payment. When the balance on this account is $0.00, it means you are not owed anything.

You'll find more information on the transactions for that client lower on that page, as it runs your through everything that client as touched.

Right - that's what I assumed is how it worked. Only problem is that Wave had some bug in it such that the data was wrong. I've found at least three customers that are all paid up yet Wave showed a balance in this report but did not show a balance in the detailed transaction page. By simply clicking on edit invoice, but not changing anything, then saving the invoice it reset something and now shows accurate numbers. So I have a workaround for the error, it now begs how to know where the data is inaccurate? We found these by knowing the customers were paid up yet the Income by Customer report showed a balance due. Thanks for any additional thoughts.

Hi, @greg_s.

I just sent you a private message. Can you follow-up with me there when you can? Thanks!

• Jawad_DaasJawad_Daas Member Posts: 6

Dear Alexia,

I have a different issue in same report. In my business, I can get payments from customers in different currencies. So while creating invoices for customers, some are created with USD dollars, some other customers with ILS and so forth. However, when I generate the report "Income by Customer", I found that the system shows all invoices amounts in USD including the ones which were created in ILS (that acceptable if a currency conversion happened), however, the system keeps the amount as is, but only conisders the currency as USD. For example, I have a customer with an invoice of 5900 ILS, but while geting the report, it shows that this customer has an invoice of 5900 USD, which makes total invoices amount and total payments wrong. Please look into this issue urgently, or if you can advise me with an easy way to fix it. Noting that I can't change the original invoice amount and currency, as customer already paid in cheques the needed amount in ILS currency.

Hi, @Jawad_Daas.

Wave should automatically change everything over to your business' default currency on your reports (according to the mid-market exchange rate from xe.com on the date of the transaction). Could you share screenshots of both the invoice and the report, with any personal information obfuscated? It'll give us a much better idea of what might have happened.

• Jawad_DaasJawad_Daas Member Posts: 6

Hi Alexia,
    Just sent you a private message with the needed.

• FPHFPH Member Posts: 8

I am having the same issue. Opened all the invoices, saved them again, no change. There's a mysterious $1000.02 discrepancy between income and paid income. No outstanding invoices. Starting and ending balance of zero in accounts receivable. I can't even come up with any scenarios, looking at all the numbers on their "paid income" and "all income" popout reports that could add up to a .02 anywhere.

• FPHFPH Member Posts: 8

@greg_s said:
    By simply clicking on edit invoice, but not changing anything, then saving the invoice it reset something and now shows accurate numbers. So I have a workaround for the error, it now begs how to know where the data is inaccurate?

Sadly this fix doesn't seem to be working for me...

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @FPH

I wonder if you can verify this against your customer statements report under Sales > Customer statements. Typically this should show you all of the invoice payments associated with your customer for the year. Have all of your invoices been marked as paid? Can you be sure to verify this as well. Sometimes you may receive an income but may have accidentally selected the wrong coinciding invoice if you sell products of the same amount.

Let us know if you're still having trouble!

• SueBlueSueBlue Member Posts: 1

I am having the same issue.

There are no open invoices for the clients I want to issue the report (I did verify it by going to customer statements report under Sales > Customer statements. - Nothing there, so there are no unpaid invoices.

However when I run the report INCOME BY CUSTOMER, in many it shows amounts on both columns: the PAID INCOME and the ALL INCOME column.