Transactions from Cash on Hand to Bank

FM1FM1 Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I have a lot of payments allocated to cash on hand but it need to be in Bank

Payments received from customers was posted to cash on hand, what is quick and easy way to change to Bank?

I have about 2,000 invoices recorded. Do I need to go into each invoice and change the payment method and payment account?

Is there no way to select all the transactions and transfer to Bank **from **Cash on Hand?

thanks

Comments

• AndyKAndyK Member Posts: 18

Hi,

Are you saying that you have all these transactions correctly in Cash on Hand and want to bulk edit them to arrange the transfers to Bank. Or, are you saying that the invoice payments should all be allocated as direct bank payments in the first place? Sounds like you mean the latter.

Andy

• FM1FM1 Member Posts: 3

Hi Andy,

Yes, the latter. It was allocated to Cash on hand (in error) and should be allocated to bank account as direct bank payments.

• AndyKAndyK Member Posts: 18

I must admit I don't see a way to fix that in a bulk edit. Has this happened through an import?

• FM1FM1 Member Posts: 3

no, the user made error over a period and asked me to fix it

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @FM1.

There is no way to bulk edit the payment account on past payments right now. Payments linked to invoices are particularly annoying to move around since you have to do that from the individual invoice (click on that invoice, go to edit payment, change the account).

If it's an option and you just need to move the balances around, it might be easier to simply create a journal transaction to move the sum of all those payments to this user's bank account.