Search for receipts uploaded by ME

ElysianAIElysianAI Member Posts: 2

Hi,

Is it possible to search receipts uploaded by a certain person?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @ElysianAI.

No, it isn't possible to search receipts by who uploaded them. In fact, there are no search functions on the Receipts page. Your best bet is to change how many receipts appear on the page (there's a drop-down menu at the very bottom) to show 100 per page, and search by date or merchant name using CTRL+F.

I recognize that this is much less than ideal, but that's the only way to find a specific receipt uploaded to your business.

Can I ask for more information about why you're looking for a specific receipt? I might be able to offer an alternative or a better solution if I have more context.

• ElysianAIElysianAI Member Posts: 2

Thank you Alexia. The reason is to filter who is spending what amount each month in the company.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @ElysianAI.

The best way to do this in Wave, for the time being, would be to create individual expense accounts for each person. That way, you could pull up an Account Transactions report for a specific employee and immediately see how much they've spent.

Are those receipts meant to be reimbursed? If they're reimbursable expenses by employees, how do you handle the bookkeeping for them right now? If it's the case, I might have a suggestion that'll help with accounting for those expenses as well as give you the information you're looking for.