Options

Connecting my Stripe account

dee_gsdee_gs Member Posts: 1

Hi! I'm setting up our new Wave account and would like to have the payments process via our Stripe account. Where do I make that integration? I can only see payments being set up via Wave Payments. I am in Canada. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    RezaReza Member Posts: 24 admin

Hi dee, Is there a reason you prefer to not use 'Payments by Wave'?

As I understand Stripe does 7-business day payouts for card payments in Canada but for Wave that's 2 business days so you get your money much faster.

• Options
    brandonmcconnellbrandonmcconnell Member Posts: 3

@Reza a but of an old thread here but I also would like to bill clients through Stripe and record payment in Wave for the sheer fact that the invoice emails look very clean and modern coming in from Stripe and I've always been impressed by them, whereas Wave invoice look more akin to traditional printed invoices. If Wave was to update their invoice emails and payment page UI/UX online, I'd be very keen to continue using it for payment processing!

Any plans to improve upon this or allow for deeper customization?

Stripe

Wave

Thanks!

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @brandonmcconnell! Thanks for reaching out here - definitely a great piece of feedback! I'll make sure to pass this along to my development teams for future consideration!

• Options
    WhiteXWhiteX Member Posts: 4

So, is there a way to accept Stripe payments on our invoices generated with Wave?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @WhiteX

North American users who onboard their payments application will use our internal Wave Payments processor. Those outside of North America will be onboarded with Stripe. Unfortunately North American users cannot attach their Stripe account to Wave's invoicing.

• Options

Thank you for your reply @BarsinA, would you mind sharing the steps how to connect our Stripe accounts to Wave (for outside of North American users).

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @WhiteX , at the moment Wave doesn't integrate with Stripe if your business is located in Romania. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes!

• Options

Hey @AlexL, thank you for your input. This is more like a showstopper than an inconvenience. Will this change? Stripe already is available for Romanian businesses. Is there a technical limitation? We would like to use this integration.

• Options
    slimallanislimallani Member Posts: 1

Hi @AlexL ,
    I have the same question but for Sweden. Is the integration available already? Could you direct me for any documentation to set it up?
    Thanks,
    Slim

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @WhiteX , I'm not 100% sure if there's a limitation or we just haven't implemented the integration yet, but our Product team has let us know that they won't be adding any additional countries to Stripe's integration anytime soon I'm afraid.

Hi @slimallani , you can set up credit card processing by navigating to Sales > Credit Card Payments in your Wave account.

• Options
    AndreaGAndreaG Member Posts: 1
    I sent an email to a customer and it doesn't contain the stripe link, the one I sent before did.
    How can I get them to pay with credit card without me having to save the details on the website?
    This is a massive show stopper for me, I can't ask people to give me their details and save them on the site.
    If I were a customer I wouldn't do it
  • Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @AndreaG ! It looks like you sent us a request ticket about this. I have since brought this to the attention of our support team. One of our support agents will be following up with you as soon as possible to help you with this. Keep an eye on your email inbox! :smile:

edited November 10, 2020
  • Options
    rad_amdgrad_amdg Member Posts: 1

Is there a link for any sort of setup/integration or ability to work with Stripe? The issue is that Wave is now cutting off payment accounts for companies that offer any sort of web or cloud services. So the older comment by @Barsin is no longer valid as many US customers will not be able to use Wave's payment system.