Upload old invoices, or own creations

roxis2clvrroxis2clvr Member Posts: 3

I am new to Wave and I am wondering if there is an option to upload old invoices that were created before using Wave software? If not, it would be nice if there was the option to create your own invoice, upload it to Wave and send reminders, etc. through Wave. This would also allow people the flexibility to create their own invoices how they need them, since the templates and formatting are currently quite limited.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your feedback, @roxis2clvr. Welcome to Wave!

It isn't currently possible to do this, but I'd love to hear a bit more about your needs when it comes to invoicing.

I saw your post about needing VAT numbers for your clients. Is there anything else you're finding is missing on our invoice templates? The more information you can share, the better we'll be able to understand your needs.

If it helps, there's also the Notes and Footer fields, which you could use for additional information as well. It won't be automated, but it still might help!

• roxis2clvrroxis2clvr Member Posts: 3

Thanks for your response. I'm happy to provide suggestions and feedback. First, I just want to say that I already think you provide a great product, but as always there is room for improvement :)

Like some of the others who've commented in regards to the invoice, i'm located in South Africa. I'm not sure how much of your client base is here, but if there are a lot of SA'ers using Wave then it might be helpful to:

1. Add a line for the client VAT No.
    2. Add a line for the business tax no. or company registration no. in the header section.
    3. Make the "Notes" section a bit more customisable. For example, having the ability to re-label that section to "Payment Details" would be useful for us, because most payments in South Africa are made via EFT (online bank transfers), so we need several lines to put all of our banking details.
    4. Having the ability to use multiple columns and change the size of the font in the Notes section would allow people to get more information there, as well. Such as Terms & Conditions, etc.

Those are just a few suggestions. Thanks for your ear!

Thanks for following up with more details, @roxis2clvr! I can promise that we agree with you, there is always room for improvement and Wave is by no means perfect. We're always happy to have your feedback and comments.

For your second point, did you know you can set your tax number to appear with your tax by going to Sales Tax, in your Settings, clicking on the pencil next to a tax and checking the "Show tax number on invoices" box. It's not quite in the header, but it still might help out!

• obronieobronie Member Posts: 2

Hello Alexia, we in South Africa (think other VAT regions as well) need to record clients vat number over a certain amount on the invoice. The current work around is to included it in Address line 1. It would however be great if there is a separate field for VAT numbers or maybe just a general field that one can use for this or whatever the need is.

Thank you for adding this information to the discussion, @obronie!

• CNArtCNArt Member Posts: 2

I just got Wave and want to add my information of payments and expenses from January to now. Can you do this?

Hi, @CNArt,

Absolutely. The easiest way to do this is to upload your bank statements for various accounts to Wave. Here's how you can do this.

Just make sure to add your different bank accounts and credit cards to your Chart of Accounts, which you can find under Accounting, before you do.

• prez1923prez1923 Member Posts: 1

Hi, i just wondering if right now, we can upload our own invoice to wave system? or how do i do about it?

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@prez1923 Great question! While it is not possible to upload an invoice that you have created on a different system into Wave, it is now possible for most users on our updated version of Wave to use Wave Connect to achieve this. Wave Connect is a Google Sheets add on where you enter in the information and then upload it into Wave for us to build the invoice in the manner that other invoices are created in Wave. This article should lead you to more information about Wave Connect specifically: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-