Options

Checkout

wkelleywkelley Member Posts: 2

Can wave checkout be set in a way that client can choose how much they are paying or I can set variable amounts I will accept for payment?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @wkelley.

It can't, for the time being. You have to set up products with set prices ahead of time. I'd love to head a bit more about your needs, however. Checkout is still in its infancy, and learning more about what Wavers would like to use it for is extremely helpful to us.

Can you tell me more about how you'd use the ability to let your clients decide on the amount to pay? What kind of a business do you operate? Would this feature be used for special cases, or would this be used to, say, accept donations for a non-profit?

• Options
    wkelleywkelley Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am asking my photography clients to make their initial payment of at least half of their session fee to book their session. However, I would accept more if they want to pay more. That's why I thought it would be nice to set a lowest acceptable payment, but any variable above that is ok too. Does that make sense?

Thanks

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for providing more context, @wkelley. I'm happy to pass your comment along.

Your clients can define the amount they pay for invoices, however. If you're set up to accept online payments for your invoices you could simply add information about this deposit in the Notes section. It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I thought it might help for now. Thanks again for your feedback!

• Options
    jessiedsouzajessiedsouza Member Posts: 1

Hey Alexia, I am from India. I want to use Checkout, but I cannot see that in my account. Am I missing something?
    Also I would like to know how do I transfer payment from wave to my bank account in my country? I don't see that option either.

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi @jessiedsouza i'm afraid that Checkouts and Payments by Wave is currently only available in the US and Canada for the time being. I'm sorry that I don't have better news on that front.

• Options
    ChromaticClubBuffaloChromaticClubBuffalo Member Posts: 1

We would love a feature that allowed customers to enter the amount that they wish to pay in order to accept donations. Currently we have a set amount as a membership fee and they could choose to add an unspecified amount as a donation. I'm not sure what the best way is to set this up?

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @ChromaticClubBuffalo! Unfortunately, the checkout feature might not be your best option for this. If you send your customers an invoice, they'll have the ability to type in whatever amount they'd like to pay it with, so you might want to go that route if you'd like them to be able to pay that membership fee in addition to a donation of their choice!

• Options
    RobinSRobinS Member Posts: 13

We would also like to be able to have a variable amount as a checkout option in order to accept donations.
    While I understand that I could send people an invoice for say $1 and that then they could pay any amount from $1 or more, that really messes up my overall accounting. If I send all my membership this invoice and some choose not to donate - then I have all these unpaid/overdue invoices. If they pay more than $1 then all these invoices with an overpaid balance. Really messy.
    Additionally this process means that I can only accept donations from my known members/contacts as I can only invoice people loaded as customers.
    Checkout items however can be 'purchased' by anyone who can visit my website and until the payment is made - there is nothing to be reconciled.
    So even if the amount cannot be made a variable, an alternative would be to allow the user to select a count of items when purchasing a checkout item. Then I could make the item say $5 and the user could purchase any multiple of these items.
    Just as an aside - even if I was selling widgets on my site with a checkout option - it would be nice if the customer could decide to purchase and specific number of widgets in 1 go. Right now to achieve this, would need to have multiple checkout items (eg 1 Widget, 5 Widgets, 10 Widgets and so on) just horribly clunky.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @RobinS

Thank you so much for this thorough use-case scenario on how improvements to Wave's checkout would benefit your specific business. At this point I understand that our team has acknowledged this as a benefit to Wave and our customers, however I am unable to offer you an ETA on any development of this feature idea. If we have any updates on a flexible checkout feature release we will most certainly let our users know!

Once again your contribution is greatly appreciated.

• Options
    SMRSMR Member Posts: 1

Hi,

Any update on this feature?

Just started using Wave and exploring its options. As a non-profit, having an easy interface where donors can type in the amount they want, would be helpful. At this point there's not reasonable or practical route for donors to make efficient donations without involving an active role by me making invoices etc.

• Options
    dgktechdgktech Member Posts: 1

I agree with this request. Since the goal here is to have this embedded on a website, etc. it would be nice to have it more flexible so the amount can be provided as a URL parameter.

• Options
    darylmcmullendarylmcmullen Member Posts: 1

Hello! Totally agree. This functionality isn't rocket science. And it's not a one-off ask. This is basic functionality for non-profit organizations that rely on the support of their patrons. An embeddable giving "widget" that allows you to provide levels of support like $10/mo, $20/mo, $50/mo and then a field where they can choose a more individualized amount vs. the suggested would be best case scenario. One time gift AND recurring gift options are also very common.

Looks like this has been asked for many times over the past 2-3 years in the community. Any idea if this has made it to the official roadmap yet?