New to Wave - Loving it's features - but having trouble connecting to my Credit Union

KatyRogersArtKatyRogersArt Member Posts: 6

Hi, I'm new to wave and I love the features it offers, however I've yet to be able to take advantage of connecting my bank. I know that I can manually work around by manually submitting bank statements, but I'd obviously much prefer to have my bank directly connected. I use a credit union which does come up on the list (Metro Credit Union) but I get a variety of messages when I try to connect which prevent me from connecting.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @KatyRogersArt.

We use a third-party bank data provider for our bank connection system, which allows us to connect to thousands of banks all over the world but means that we have limited control over fixing issues that might come up. I'm bringing this up as a preface because it's possible I won't be able to offer much assistance. If there is an issue with the connection, it will be reported to our data provider who will work on resolving the problem following their own priority system.

I'm seeing a few different instances of Metro Credit Union (or variations of it). Could you give me the web address of the page where you would log in for your online banking? It'll give me a good place to start my search.

• KatyRogersArtKatyRogersArt Member Posts: 6

Hi Alexia,

Thanks so much for your response. My bank is https://www.metrocu.org

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @KatyRogersArt.

The bank you'll want to connect to is Metro CU(MA) (US), but note that this connection is limited to personal accounts. If yours is a business account, you won't be able to connect it to Wave.

Instead, you'll have to upload your bank statements manually. The process is quick and fairly simple. You can find out how to do this here. If you do go that route, let me know if you run into any issues. I'll be happy to help out.